Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

The thing I find weird about the Gordon situation, is that he got condemned by the wider media for the way he forced a move to us, but if anyone looks at the situation he was in at the time, having been surrounded by an angry mob on his way out the stadium, chastising him, insulting him, I too would do everything in my power to get out of that situation, and no-one seems to have taken any of that into context, they just went straight to "He treated Everton with a lack of respect, acted in bad faith, and he's a bad professional".

The whole thing is a bit murky anyway. Seems like he could have been told not to train for a few days to protect him or protect the group because he was being sold, then asked to submit a transfer request to save the club money on loyalty payments.  

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

The thing I find weird about the Gordon situation, is that he got condemned by the wider media for the way he forced a move to us, but if anyone looks at the situation he was in at the time, having been surrounded by an angry mob on his way out the stadium, chastising him, insulting him, I too would do everything in my power to get out of that situation, and no-one seems to have taken any of that into context, they just went straight to "He treated Everton with a lack of respect, acted in bad faith, and he's a bad professional".

Because he was coming to us? 

Lascelles has done well whenever he has played this season to be fair, and like others have said, Everton's style suit him to the ground, so its not as big an issues as first thought.

They're obviously concealing something 're Bruno's ankle; the player himself shut-down Chris Waugh (crease wow hahahahahahahaha) very abruptly when it was brought up after Spurs, indicating to me that he was under instruction to do so. Makes complete sense because the opposition will only target it. 

4 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruno has some sort of surgery straight after Chelsea tbh. 

Even on Sunday there were times where he didn't look completely comfortable. 

Bang 4 wins in quickly then send him off. No point in playing him as soon as 4th is secure.

I'm going on a limb here - none of Brighton, Liverpool, Man U or Spurs will pick up 3 points tonight/tomorrow. We could put this to bed after the Arsenal game

Just now, BonesJones said:

God I really hope Eddie has been trawling through all our poor results there from years gone by. It will be the difference in a win or loss here.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Past results aren't irrelevant, like...