Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Genuine question, how are Sevilla and Barca in Pot 1 but Real Madrid Pot 2?

Seville won the Europa League, and Barca won LaLiga so are places in pot 1, Real Madrid have a high coefficient but only qualified in second place without winning their domestic league, so are in pot 2.

15 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

We are guaranteed to play two of these clubs twice next season:

Barcelona

PSG

Bayern Munich

Feyenoord

Sevilla

Napoli

Benfica
————————-

Real Madrid

Dortmund

Atletico

Porto

Inter Milan

RB Leipzig 

Ignoring the last one (which would hopefully have a Big Dom reunion storyline) that’s incredible.

I believe we have faced at least 4 of those in the PL era (Barcelona x2), Feyenoord, Benfica, and Inter, possibly another I've missed, (and Porto in the much earlier campaigns) so I would probably hope to avoid those having seen us play them, but aye, pretty surreal, probably more so for those under 25/30.

Although in terms of actually progressing from the group, Feyenoord would probably be the best to get in Pot 1.

As made up as I am being in this the stories I’m hearing from the Man City fans is a stark reminder how awful it can be following your football team abroad when UEFA are involved. Istanbul sounds like it’s been an absolute shit show in organisation again following on from Paris 12 months prior. Rember actually choosing to travel with the club the first time (Barcelona) which was awful. Lisbon independently thankfully restore some of my faith and appetite.

France, southern Italy and Seville are all supposed to be a bit of a nightmare for away European fans with regards the police and being treated poorly from what I've read from the various CL clubs fans I follow on Twitter.

Draw today at 11am!

*for the preliminary qualifying round featuring:

Seeded:

Buducnost Podgorica (Montenegro)

Breidablik (Iceland)

Unseeded:

Tre Penne (San Marino)

Atlètic Club d'Escaldes (Andorra)

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Draw today at 11am!

*for the preliminary qualifying round featuring:

Seeded:

Buducnost Podgorica (Montenegro)

Breidablik (Iceland)

Unseeded:

Tre Penne (San Marino)

Atlètic Club d'Escaldes (Andorra)

Atlètic Club d'Escaldes v Buducnost Podgorica 

Tre Penne v Breidablik

Played 27th June. Winners then play a ‘final’ on 30th June for place in first qualifying round.

Just found out that all of these ties will be played at Kópavogsvöllur in Kópavogur, the home of Breiðablik, so they could well be the favourites to make the lucrative First qualifying round.

Some of these leagues play in the summer, right? But some (or most) play a standard calendar? It's crazy playing some of your biggest games of the season before many teams have even begun preseason.

4 minutes ago, Marko NUFC said:

Following Dinamo Zagreb! It would be a dream come true to get to CL and get paired with Newcastle

N-O Zagreb meet up if that happens 🙂