Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

3 hours ago, Paullow said:

Anyone wanting a football fix outside of the Euro U21's / Gold Cup, BT Sport digital are showing the crunch Champions League Preliminary matches today at 2pm and 8pm :lol:

As if. :lol: That's class, can't wait for that. Howay Tre Penne!

On 22/06/2023 at 07:08, Froggy said:

Scratch this. Larne's ground is synthetic and wasn't up to scratch so they're having to play at Solitude, which is the home ground of Cliftonville. :lol: That's like Rangers having to use Celtic Park for European games.

That's canny mad that like Froggy, would Windsor park not be a better option? Long time since I went last so not sure how they compare.

I went to a Larne v Mackems pre-season friendly once and the "crowd" changed ends at half time.[emoji38] 

Edited by Doc

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

As if. :lol: That's class, can't wait for that. Howay Tre Penne!

It was on this site earlier

https://www.live-footballontv.com/

It had both matches, one at 2pm and one at 8pm as a 'BT Sport Digital Exclusive'. I have Sky TV and subscribe to BT Sport and pay extra for the app and I literally spent about 15 minutes searching the app on my Firestick, laptop and mobile at 2pm but couldn't find it [emoji38], so assumed it must have just been exclusive for BT TV subscribers, and not those that have access to it via Sky Sports, but neither match is now listed on that site, so they probably jumped the gun.

I see the Icelandic champs are currently 3-1 up after 70 mins, and Podgorica won 3-0 earlier in the day, so looking like the expected two will be meeting in the preliminary final on Friday. I would actually like to see that match (winner faces Shamrock Rovers in Q1) but I'm at the arena watching the wrestling with my nephews that evening, ha.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s something but see no reason why they couldn’t cap all three tournaments for away fans.

Indeed. Given you rarely see away allocations larger than the minimum these days, it wouldn’t make a great deal of financial difference to the home team.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Indeed. Given you rarely see away allocations larger than the minimum these days, it wouldn’t make a great deal of financial difference to the home team.

Yep. 5% allocation. Absolutely nothing in reality.

On 01/07/2023 at 17:24, Skeletor said:

The days when Ameobi looked like a promising youngster. The state of that team and yet we were still amazing.

Today I learned that Lualua played in the CL :) Amazing.

On 04/07/2023 at 18:24, LFEE said:

Yep. 5% allocation. Absolutely nothing in reality.

I remember seeing the Man City v Real game - the one where Real beat them 4-3 or the like, and noticed the away fans were in section 316, which was the section I was in when we lost 5-0.

I remember that that section must of only been about <500 or so seats.

On 01/07/2023 at 17:24, Skeletor said:

The days when Ameobi looked like a promising youngster. The state of that team and yet we were still amazing.

Shola looked sensational, lovely flick by Viana too in the end. No recollection of ever seeing Kerr playing for us but somehow he started a match in the Champions League. :lol:

Edited by Pata

I mean it'll take luck with injuries and the draw, but no reason we can't go far in this like. Good keeper and defence, a forward who can score against anyone, and not many teams will like handling our intensity in midfield. We lack a world-class player or two like Spurs had with Kane for example to get to the Final or whatever but think we'll do well. 

12 hours ago, Pata said:

Shola looked sensational, lovely flick by Viana too in the end. No recollection of ever seeing Kerr playing for us but somehow he started a match in the Champions League. :lol:

Ameobi looked like prime Asprilla in this game 

25 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Any thoughts on who the 11 will be in the first champions league game?

I (semi realistically) hope;

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, new LB, Tonali, Bruno, Willock/Joelinton, new RW, Isak, ASM.

Indecisive, I know. :lol: Could easily put Willock CM and Joelinton LW instead of ASM, assuming that ASM is still here of course.

This is probably far too sentimental, but I hope Eddie rotates enough so that the first XI in the first home Champions League game is:

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Burn, Longstaff, Bruno, Willock, Miggy, Isak, Joelinton

Qualifying Round 1 first legs tonight.

Qarabag, Ludogorets, Ferencvaros, Maccabi Haifa and BATE probably the teams you would think could have a chance of making it to the GS.

Just posted on another forum so copying and pasting here.

10 First qualifying round matches tonight. All of them bar Olimpija and Shamrock matches have Bet365 streams:

Urartu (ARM) vs Zrinjski Mostar (BIH) 4pm
Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) vs Qarabag (AZE) 4.30pm
Zalgaris (LTU) vs Struga (MKD) 5pm
Hamrun Spartans (MLA) vs Maccabi Haifa (ISR) 7pm
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) vs Valmiera (LVA) 7pm
Rakow (POL) vs Flora (EST) 7pm
Ballkani (KOS) vs Ludogorets Razgrad (BGR) 7.45pm
Klaksvik (FRO) vs Ferencvaros (HUN) 7.45pm
Partizani Tirana (ALB) vs BATE Borisov (BLR) 7.45pm
Shamrock Rovers (IRL) vs Breidablik (ISL) 7.45pm

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Just posted on another forum so copying and pasting here.

10 First qualifying round matches tonight. All of them bar Olimpija and Shamrock matches have Bet365 streams:

Urartu (ARM) vs Zrinjski Mostar (BIH) 4pm
Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) vs Qarabag (AZE) 4.30pm
Zalgaris (LTU) vs Struga (MKD) 5pm
Hamrun Spartans (MLA) vs Maccabi Haifa (ISR) 7pm
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) vs Valmiera (LVA) 7pm
Rakow (POL) vs Flora (EST) 7pm
Ballkani (KOS) vs Ludogorets Razgrad (BGR) 7.45pm
Klaksvik (FRO) vs Ferencvaros (HUN) 7.45pm
Partizani Tirana (ALB) vs BATE Borisov (BLR) 7.45pm
Shamrock Rovers (IRL) vs Breidablik (ISL) 7.45pm

Man, would love to watch the Shamrock Rovers, have a shirt and scarf here. I'll have to see if there is anyway short of a vpn to watch from North America.

If you type 'Lincoln Red Imps' into YouTube there's a stream under the channel Soccerone. Currently 1-0 up on Qarabag which is a bit of a surprise as the latter are regulars in various group stages.

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Man, would love to watch the Shamrock Rovers, have a shirt and scarf here. I'll have to see if there is anyway short of a vpn to watch from North America.

It's on here in Ireland on RTE2 at 19:30 (local time) if you succeed with VPN.

Champions League Live (S)

Tue, 19:30

Shamrock Rovers v Breidablik

Shamrock Rovers v Breidablik (Kick-off 8.00pm). Peter Collins presents coverage of the first qualifying round first-leg match from Tallaght Stadium, where the teams will look to gain an advantage ahead of the second leg next week. Both teams qualified for this competition thanks to their exploits in 2022, and should come into this tie well prepared given that they are both past the halfway mark of their current domestic campaigns. With analysis from Stephen Rice and Stuart Byrne, and commentary by Des Curran