2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Their shithousery was also quite effective tbf

Not even sure they were that bad. You can’t plough the through the back of players or leave your foot in and get away with it which England failed to learn. 

3 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I think the Spanish picked up quickly that the ref was going to give them leeway to dive and waste time, helped them a lot.

Being miles better than England also helped

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Dreadful game of football. Far too many breaks in play and it just never flowed at all.

Congratulations to Spain. They were the better side.

Felt like the ball was out of play more than in play in the last 15 min plus added time.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I don’t agree that they were miles better. The better team on the day won but it was closer than you keep honking on about. 

Yeah, I didn’t think Spain were dominant in any way.  England lacked composure as much as anything.  Spain definitely worthy winners, but that was not a one sided final. 

England weren't good enough on the day, some rash challenges, poor decision making and sloppy passing, Bronze was poor but perhaps she raced back from knee surgery too soon? The ref didn't help matters, she missed a few howlers for us yet seemed to pick up on everything for Spain, she lost grip of the game when she failed to send Paralluelo off and almost let Spain take a penalty way off the spot.

6 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

England weren't good enough on the day, some rash challenges, poor decision making and sloppy passing, Bronze was poor but perhaps she raced back from knee surgery too soon? The ref didn't help matters, she missed a few howlers for us yet seemed to pick up on everything for Spain, she lost grip of the game when she failed to send Paralluelo off and almost let Spain take a penalty way off the spot.

Ref took an age over the penalty which helped England. 

It was stonewall but took forever. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Ref took an age over the penalty which helped England. 

It was stonewall but took forever. 

Yeah, that was shocking.  I genuinely felt sorry for the Spanish at that moment.  You’ll never see a more blatant handball - yet it took roughly five mins from the incident to the pen being taken.  That’s a lot of thinking time …

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, that was shocking.  I genuinely felt sorry for the Spanish at that moment.  You’ll never see a more blatant handball - yet it took roughly five mins from the incident to the pen being taken.  That’s a lot of thinking time …

Aye. I don’t know what they were deliberating for so long.  Because of her body shape she ends up leaning into the ball and saving it.  

I’ve lost track of the penalty rule but the keeper takes a step forward don’t know if that’s allowed.  

Better team won on the day.  No complaints. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Aye. I don’t know what they were deliberating for so long.  Because of her body shape she ends up leaning into the ball and saving it.  

I’ve lost track of the penalty rule but the keeper takes a step forward don’t know if that’s allowed.  

Better team won on the day.  No complaints. 

Just on the pen rule - the keeper has to have at least one foot on the line.  Earps definitely didn’t tbh.