2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

48 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

What’s the deal with the chicks? They seem completely out of ideas and look like the worst USWNT I’ve seen. Is it really just the head coach?

Could be down to a number of things

The squad is made up of a lot of new players, and then some older players, not really any inbetween. He hasn't really used the last 4 years to blend those 2 groups together, so it's like they're a new squad, he should have done that woth the Olympics, but he didn't and they underperformed there!

He also doesn't seem to trust his full squad, seems to hate making substitutions!

Plus the investment from the rest of the world is catching up to them. They were always faster and stronger than everyone else, they don't have that now!

Another thing is all of the squad plays in the US league, the nwsl. Its not a terrible league, but it's also not the best. The players aren't playing alongside and against the other best players in the world week in and week out, they have no champions league equivalent either!

But.....I honestly wouldn't put it past them to still win it!! 

Next lot of kick offs should be interesting! Jamaica just need a point against Brazil to go through, whoever comes second will likely play Columbia

France will most likely win the group and then probably face Germany in the next round!

1 hour ago, Caleb70 said:

Wow that’s a shocker. Brazil out, Jamaica through!

Just got back from picking my wife up at Euston and as we got home heard screaming in the street. The family two doors down are Jamaican :lol: Man, that was something I missed about London.

Nigeria v. England and South Africa v. Netherlands in the round of 16. For the sake of continental pride and history, we need at least one of the African sides to win the derby against the colonial power. :lol:

Credit to Reggae Girlz as well, they have been very solid in defence and deserve to go through. This tournament does seem like a transition to a new era of the game. Marta and the Canada lady unceremoniously dumped out of the group stage, the USA looking very average with other nations taking the sport seriously, and the lesser teams being quite strong.

That is wild, I honestly can't believe what is happening here

The standard of the teams outside of the top 10 has improved to unbelievable levels, no one could have expected Canada, Germany and Brazil to get knocked out in the group stages!!!

I reckon Netherlands could be in with a shout of winning now, but still reckon USA will do it!