2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

Just now, Aiston said:

The commentary is a joke :lol:

'Can't prove intent'.....She  blatantly stood on her for no reason. Monumental stupidity.

And ‘intent’ also isn’t a requirement of the laws of the game outside of tiresome pub bores and know-nowt ‘pundits’

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

I don't understand why she even did it :lol:

Game hasn't been heated at all and no real fiestyness between any of the players.

Frustration, which is why she should have been withdrawn

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It looked to me that the attacker felt the arm in her back and decided to buy the foul by stopping short and creating the collision. That often results in a free kick outside the area, only rarely a penalty kick. 

But VAR is not there to substitute one subjective opinion for another. It's only there in respect of a clear and obvious error. That would only have applied if there had been no contact at all.

Yes but it shouldn’t and hopefully this season with the threshold levels returning to somewhere near where they should be hopefully won’t see any of that this season. Buying a foul is cheating. It’s either a foul or you are feeling contact and falling over which is cheating. Football is a contact sport.

The English lass made as much contact into the Nigerian as vice versa. Was absolutely gobsmacked a penalty was given. Clear and obvious error.

Whats your thoughts on the VAR intervention on the sending off?

Yeah she was frustrated and Nigeria have been physically better and moved them off the ball so easily. They're all frustrated. She's young and lashes out. I said immediately "David Beckham moment!!!"

Hate to say it but if Nigeria don't become the first African team to win a knock out then there's something seriously weird going on! 

England struggled against Haiti who looked more athletic and fitter. Same here against a better side. We really don’t deserve anything. James was just plain stupid. If I were Nigeria I’d try and invite us up the pitch and hit us hard on a counter.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yes but it shouldn’t and hopefully this season with the threshold levels returning to somewhere near where they should be hopefully won’t see any of that this season. Buying a foul is cheating. It’s either a foul or you are feeling contact and falling over which is cheating. Football is a contact sport.

The English lass made as much contact into the Nigerian as vice versa. Was absolutely gobsmacked a penalty was given. Clear and obvious error.

Whats your thoughts on the VAR intervention on the sending off?

Absolutely correct. It was a clear and deliberate stamp.

1 minute ago, Beren said:

Is Hemp the one which tries to do all the first time one-touch flicks that always go to Nigeria? :lol:

That and has been trying all game to use her strength but get bullied off the ball every time :lol: