Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

now being reported anyway that Liverpool chief has basically said there's no interest in Minteh so it seems the whole story was nonsense in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

now being reported anyway that Liverpool chief has basically said there's no interest in Minteh so it seems the whole story was nonsense in the first place.

IMG_3778.thumb.png.a3559443d8a9d1f163b24b9fd6a5b86a.png

Screenshot-20240610-161936-Chrome.jpg

I used the compare wingers tool, tried him up against loads of wingers, he literally comes out on top or close to, definitely can't be loaning this kind of talent out, would just be a total waste.

I like the company he's keeping in the "Similar data to Y.Minteh 23/24"

Edited by mighty__mag

6 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I used the compare wingers tool, tried him up against loads of wingers, he literally comes out on top or close to, definitely can't be loaning this kind of talent out, would just be a total waste.

Gulf between those guys' respective leagues is pretty wide compared to Dutch football. But yea the statistics are shocking really

17 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

4358-1541761826.webp

3 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Gulf between those guys' respective leagues is pretty wide compared to Dutch football. But yea the statistics are shocking really

You still have to perform, good or bad league, Kuol couldn't even get games in a shit league.

Chelsea send a lot of their players to Eredivise (Vitesse) Mason Mount was out there, Solanke, Broja, to name a few, I'm not sure any produced Minteh's stats.

I'm not sure just claiming its a shit league represents good players producing good numbers, I concede its early days, nobody knows, Eridivse didn't hurt Luiz Suares.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

4358-1541761826.webp

When you look back at that move, it was absolutely the wrong time, Chelsea were literally buying everyone, he just never settled, it can happen to anyone. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

When you look back at that move, it was absolutely the wrong time, Chelsea were literally buying everyone, he just never settled, it can happen to anyone. 

It's not like he's alone, there's a long list of players who have looked world beaters in the Dutch league and gone on to do nothing.

Hopefully Minteh will be an exception to that (if we keep him) but statistics from the Dutch league have to be taken in the context of how weak most of the league is.

So we've established that he could be amazing. That's that one fettled. :lol:

(Not aimed at anyone in particular)

I'll wait until I see him at SJP against decent opposition before making a judgement. (Which I suspect will never happen).

I'd keep him rather than another loan. He might turn out to be the RW we need already, if not, 5 months getting used to Newcastle, Howe, the squad, etc won't do his development any harm, we could loan him out again in January if he's not quite there. 

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Can’t be that good - Liverpool don’t even want him

What? You mean the stories that Liverpool were gagging to spend £40m on one of our young players turned out to be fabricated bullshit??!!

I am indeed shocked and amazed.

You know what would be a fucking really good idea...

Offer him to Forest on loan, with no loan fee, if they allow us to have MGW for a fair fee. Everyone's a winner.

Betting Bbc GIF

Edited by STM