Yankuba Minteh

44 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Cozier-Duberry in, Minteh out would be excellent business no matter which way you look at it.

Really? Don’t know C-D, but then looking at his first team experience I doubt any Newcastle fan not in a scouting job would. Minteh has been scoring goals in the CL and his national team. I think it’s fair to say he’s a bit more proven..?

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Not going to question if you questioned him in your however part of the statement, however didn't you question him in that above statement?

“Not going to question him too much” - translates as I’m not going to shouting from the rafters about it but I will wonder why he didn’t want to see him in training 

Be a real shame if he got sold as looks a rare talent.

There were some mentions of a poor attitude when we signed him first, but haven’t heard anything bad said from season just gone.

Just don’t think he’s a Howe type player. 40m would be ok but I think it gets done for less than that, 20-25

1 hour ago, Likelylad said:

It just stinks of him going to the top and us being sat here in 5 years cursing the sale out. 

Thats my exact feeling too. This kid has something. 

43 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Be a real shame if he got sold as looks a rare talent.

There were some mentions of a poor attitude when we signed him first, but haven’t heard anything bad said from season just gone.

Just don’t think he’s a Howe type player. 40m would be ok but I think it gets done for less than that, 20-25

Why don’t you think he is a Howe type player? All his stats suggest he never stops running and pressing. I always got the impression he would fit right in to our style of play. 

4 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Really? Don’t know C-D, but then looking at his first team experience I doubt any Newcastle fan not in a scouting job would. Minteh has been scoring goals in the CL and his national team. I think it’s fair to say he’s a bit more proven..?

Hard to answer this without being completely disrespectful to Celtic, the nation of Seychelles, DRCongo and Gabon. 

ACD is seemingly highly rated by Arsenal and us and would be available for free.

Edited by Thumbheed

30 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm all in on Minteh lad. Whether he stays or goes - I'm invested.

The potential is scary. 

Even just an option off the bench next season when defences are tired would see a fair few goals/assists I reckon 

32 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Hard to answer this without being completely disrespectful to Celtic, the nation of Seychelles, DRCongo and Gabon. 

ACD is seemingly highly rated by Arsenal and us and would be available for free.

Minteh has played very very well in the Netherlands scoring 10 goals. He’s played 4 times in the champions league 

ACD has never played a first team game. 

there is absolutely no chance you could tell if ACD was a better option than Minteh 

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

If the target is Olise then selling him obviously makes sense, no matter how unlikely getting Olise might be.

where did you hear that?

Just now, duo said:

where did you hear that?

In the transfer rumours thread. Ornstein reporting that we've contacted Palace about his availability. Bayern and Chelsea also have

That pizza chart is hilarious - he’s clearly levels above that league. Would be interested to see a similar comparison to Elliot Anderson’s season in League 1.

22 hours ago, gdm said:

Minteh has played very very well in the Netherlands scoring 10 goals. He’s played 4 times in the champions league 

ACD has never played a first team game. 

there is absolutely no chance you could tell if ACD was a better option than Minteh 

I never said he was a better player or that Minteh wasn't a good player - in fact he does look a good player, what I'm saying is a healthy profit and a replacement that costs nothing and is seemingly highly regarded by both our scouting team and Arsenal's, makes perfect sense, especially if the money can be used elsewhere.

And FWIW, ACD does look a very good player from the same sort of clips that we've all seen of Minteh. 

Edited by Thumbheed

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Who the hell is ACD?

Andy Carroll err Dude?

Ashley Cole err Dick?

No idea honestly! 🤣

Edit: Amario Cozier Duberry. That's who ACD is.

As to who THAT is. Never heard of him! 🤣

Edited by Joe1984

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Who the hell is ACD?

Very highly rated Arsenal youth player that's out of contract. Amario Cozier-Duberry (Michaels son). We have been tipped to be signing him. Been linked for a month or so to us with the usual "set to sign" bollocks. However, appears more likely we are just being used as leverage for a better deal at Arsenal. They didn't name him on their list of releases as they are desperate to keep him.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/arsenal-amario-cozier-duberry-attracting-112742399.html

Totally not Michaels son BTW.

21 hours ago, gdm said:

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Those stats don't indicate he's better than Miggy, merely that he played better than Miggy in the league he is in.

It does suggest that there is potentially a quality player there though.

You'd have to be crackers to hang your hat on the kid without more data and a proper look in training and in friendlies, which I hope we do.

I've seen dozens of "wonderkids" from many leagues turn up and not be up too much.

Should we give him a chance? Hell yes. Should we go wild if we accept a decent offer for him? Hell no. IMO obvs.