Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

A potential player here, surprised and delighted to see him start in a CL game and he looked assured and unfazed at the occasion.

Thought Feyenoord had some lovely attacking play, was actually more entertained by the game than the Newcastle result. Less emotion invested and I could just enjoy the football on display.

8 hours ago, Irish Magpie said:

A potential player here, surprised and delighted to see him start in a CL game and he looked assured and unfazed at the occasion.

Thought Feyenoord had some lovely attacking play, was actually more entertained by the game than the Newcastle result. Less emotion invested and I could just enjoy the football on display.

His inclusion as the center forward was an emergency measure. The main striker (Gimenez) was suspended and the first replacement option got injured in the internationals. Physically Minteh looks more suited to be a wide forward too. I don’t expect he will make that center forward position his own, especially after yesterday’s performance and due to the fact Gimenez is a far superior #9.

Yeah he’s defo not a 9 - more of a RWF

For him to be playing CL football is just incredible - if he continues this way it will be a fantastic loan - I wouldn’t even mind another season at Feyenoord - Dutch football really suits his game 

14 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Our boy starting away to Ajax this afternoon. Getting some great experience this past week.

I might watch a bit of that, at least until the start of the NL derby. it's on Mola TV here at 1.30pm and I downloaded the app towards the back end of last season. Great experience as you say, CL and then a big grudge match today. Massive match particularly for Ajax, they're already 10 points behind PSV at the top and already in danger of that becoming an insurmountable lead.

Edited by Paullow

39 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Our boy starting away to Ajax this afternoon. Getting some great experience this past week.

Said in midweek - if things are going as good as this you might see him spend a few years here