Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

Actually think he needs to be left in Holland. It's way better for his long term development to play on a fairly consistent basis there than coming here and getting a few 10 minute cameo's between now and the end of the season. 

Fully expect him to be in the squad next season.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Let him stay where he is 

Exactly. Barnes is back soon and Howe said Murphy would be out for 8/9 weeks so that's sort of mid January which is the only time we could recall Minteh. Hopefully no more injuries and we'll be fine once we get players back.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He apparently still looks really raw. For his own development it's definitely best he stays in the Netherlands.

Aye - would be silly to bring him back and throw him in deep end of the Prem. It's very unlikely he will be anywhere near ready or be able to help. Let him enjoy a full season where he is.

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He apparently still looks really raw. For his own development it's definitely best he stays in the Netherlands.

Yes that's my bias. It would be admitting defeat if we disrupted things and took him back early. Would probably need to repair relations with Feyenoord too, in terms of being a reliable sporting partner.

https://twitter.com/Feyenoord/status/1728065686583619949?s=20

Feyenoord manager Arne Slot confirming that Minteh is back to fitness and will feature tomorrow. Asked if he's happy to see Yankuba back he confirms he's very happy about it, because the lad offers something very different than his other options, in that he has pace and endeavour in abundance. Sounds like he is definitely seen as a first team player by Slot, even though he admits that Minteh needs some polishing, e.g. in making the correct decisions at times.

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

https://twitter.com/Feyenoord/status/1728065686583619949?s=20

Feyenoord manager Arne Slot confirming that Minteh is back to fitness and will feature tomorrow. Asked if he's happy to see Yankuba back he confirms he's very happy about it, because the lad offers something very different than his other options, in that he has pace and endeavour in abundance. Sounds like he is definitely seen as a first team player by Slot, even though he admits that Minteh needs some polishing, e.g. in making the correct decisions at times.

If he keeps up with this progress - I can see    him staying there another year - Feyenoord and Slot are as good a package as you are ever going to get when loaning a player to develop 

I can't see a scenario where we bring him back in January and agree with the above that we are more likely to send him there for another 12 months in the summer.

I'd bet a fair amount of money we never see him play a competitive game for NUFC. We may get some decent coin for him though.

On 25/11/2023 at 04:19, STM said:

I can't see a scenario where we bring him back in January and agree with the above that we are more likely to send him there for another 12 months in the summer.

I'd bet a fair amount of money we never see him play a competitive game for NUFC. We may get some decent coin for him though.

It’ll upset some, but you’re right.  Most of the big clubs sign on talented young players with idea of flipping them - only a handful actually get brought into the team