Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

1 hour ago, Vaj said:

Their record signing of all time is €8.3m, surely we aren’t selling him to them. We bought him for £8m, we would want at least double that. 

I'd be really disappointed if we only doubled it, without at least a favourable buy back. Not every £8m punt is going to fly like this. 

20 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Would like to see him get his chance here.

Most definitely. And I think he will. 

But I wouldn’t mind an FFP hack that see’s him elsewhere for 1-2 seasons to continue his development. 

Best to build some relationships in Serie A. 

2 hours ago, Dr. TC said:

I'd be really disappointed if we only doubled it, without at least a favourable buy back. Not every £8m punt is going to fly like this. 

I completely agree, should be a lot more than double. Was more just to show that I can't see him going there permanently due to the lack of money in the dutch game.

I think it would be a big mistake flipping him for a 'small' profit now and that we should take a chance on him personally. Go down the Brighton route instead of the Man City route on this one. 

Absolutely no chance he stays there for another season with the options we've got on the right. He'll see Murphy & Almiron out the door.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Most definitely. And I think he will. 

But I wouldn’t mind an FFP hack that see’s him elsewhere for 1-2 seasons to continue his development. 

Best to build some relationships in Serie A. 

Worked out so well the last time with Serie A...

12 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Worked out so well the last time with Serie A...

I doubt every player in Serie A is a gambling addict. Are you suggesting it's the league's fault? :)

2 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I doubt every player in Serie A is a gambling addict. Are you suggesting it's the league's fault? :)

No not the leagues fault. Then again I don't like Italian football. Match fixing, fan stabbing assholes.

Okay, maayybbe there's a slight chance I'm biased. 😄

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Fair chance it’ll be on the 365 website 

I always keep a dollar in my b365 account for just this reason haha. It’s so worth it for streaming random games

“Based on all U19 wingers across the top seven leagues in Europe, Minteh ranks top for all of the following (per 90):

Most goals (10)

Most assists (4)

Most dribbles

Most crosses

Most shots

Most expected goals

Most expected assists

Most progressive runs

Most accelerations

Most touches in the box

Most attacking actions

Highest defensive duel %“

Yeah I wouldn’t sell him for FFP reasons. Loan him out to a club in England next season if we can’t find him playing time here. Ideally we sell one of Murphy or Almiron and he can have a shot next season depending how pre season goes and if we plan on signing a RW. 

I think it would be ridiculous to loan him out after the numbers he's produced, and although it's a team effort, he's won a trophy and contributed very much in his first season. 

If Miley can be relied upon, then I'm sure this lad can, he could go in as back up to Gordon and Barnes surley ahead of Murphy?

5 hours ago, STM said:

Don't get used to that son.

If we were in the Conference League next year I wouldn't expect any team to be able to lay a hand on us.