Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

It is a shame. Was looking forward to him potentially being in the squad this year taking the next step in his development.

It is what it is unfortunately, if we had been able to move Almiron on sooner then he might have been able to keep him, but I guess if you are presenting me with a choice of:

A) Sell Anderson and Minteh who potentially might develop into real talents one day, especially Minteh, 
or
B) Sell Gordon or Isak who are already established world class talents. 

Then it's A every time obviously. But will still be a shame we didn't get to see this lad develop in the black and white stripes. 

Edited by alexf

Just now, alexf said:

It is a shame. Was looking forward to him potentially being in the squad this year taking the next step in his development.

It is what it is unfortunately, if we had been able to move Almiron on sooner then he might have been able to keep him, but I guess if you are presenting me with a choice of:

A) Sell Anderson and Minteh who potentially might develop into real talents one day, especially Minteh, 
or

Then it's B every time obviously. But will still be a shame we didn't get to see this lad develop in the black and white stripes. 

Really?

5 minutes ago, alexf said:

or

Then it's B every time obviously. But will still be a shame we didn't get to see this lad develop in the black and white stripes. 

Think you meant its A every time surely?

6 hours ago, Zero said:

I know I might be the minority, but from the clips I saw, I think Minteh has world class potential. He has the tools required to start for any team in the future, he just need playing time to iron it out.

We have no choice, but I really wish we could insert a clause, even if it’s something like 70m.

Clips on YouTube from the Dutch league ffs [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We somehow got almost 70 million for Minteh and Anderson. We should be optimistic at this point that Miggy is not going to be the starting rw next season.

Said exactly this before...this is Chelsea levels of shadiness and we should be pleased to have pulled it off if we're ever going to disrupt or get involved with the league power brokers

Just now, gjohnson said:

Said exactly this before...this is Chelsea levels of shadiness and we should be pleased to have pulled it off if we're ever going to disrupt or get involved with the league power brokers

This is a tough one. Players are worth what someone is willing to pay. Minteh did tear it up and was in the UCL. Anderson is a little more of a question as I think he has alot of promise, the league stepping in on a agreed upon transfer between PL teams seems like absolute bullshit tbh.

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Remember folks, the Pl are going to be blocking these deals :lol:

I’ve read in a few places - deals too close to the deadline may not count, hope there’s no truth in the stories. If so then what’s the point of having a deadline

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I’ve read in a few places - deals too close to the deadline may not count, hope there’s no truth in the stories. If so then what’s the point of having a deadline

For this particular “deadline” it’s an accounting one and not say a transfer window closing. 

Either way as I’ve prattled on, they have absolutely no way to block these days at this point. If the league decided to invest new rules without its members voting for them can you imagine the crisis and the lawsuits?

7 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Clips on YouTube from the Dutch league ffs [emoji38]

It doesn’t matter. Attributes like pace and acceleration, his style of dribbling, number of touches, vision, ability to pick up teammates run while dribbling etc would apply to any league.

He also got a great left foot which doesn’t require much space to hit a powerful shot.

Antony’s clip at the Dutch League shows the opposite. Even though he was toying opponents, he didn’t outpace opponents regularly - which becomes his biggest weakness now and makes him one of the worst transfer in history.