Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

100% disagree, hrs an unknown entity, we might lose out long term but we lose out on something we've never had, in Eddie I trust.

Exactly. What part of clubs not wanting our other players do people not get?!

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

100% disagree, hrs an unknown entity, we might lose out long term but we lose out on something we've never had, in Eddie I trust.

It wouldn't be in Eddie you trust though, I'm pretty sure Eddie would be taking a very close look and a preseason if he could, the hierarchy if this happens will be the ones pushing it as a pure business move.

I would absolutely agree with you if Minteh completes a preseason with us, Eddie has the opportunity to assess him, but then decides to still shift him on.

13 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Going off that, I'd assume he was always a Brighton target, and one we took up because Ashworth advised. 

Think we'd be mad to sell, should be offloading others first for the sake of raising 30m.

Maybe nobody wants those players at the sort of fee we'd need to bridge the gap?

If we're £30m short, who are you selling and how much for? 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

With Longstaff CM and Burn LB?

We have better cover there though. Right now we have Almiron, Murphy and Minteh to play RW. Sell Minteh and don't replace him and see the same impotent right hand side failing to contribute and it'll be a massive L

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

It wouldn't be in Eddie you trust though, I'm pretty sure Eddie would be taking a very close look and a preseason if he could, the hierarchy if this happens will be the ones pushing it as a pure business move.

I would absolutely agree with you if Minteh completes a preseason with us, Eddie has the opportunity to assess him, but then decides to still shift him on.

Eddie would of had scout reports off last season in fact he's that committed I'd be surprised if he didn't go and watch him himself, in my mind Minteh is just Franz Carr.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Imagine starting the season on minus 10 points man. Screw that.

There’s no way it would be that much, but I guess we don’t know the size of the gap right now. My view has always been that if we value a player as a future or current star then it’s worth taking the heat and going heavy on the legal side rather than just selling for the sake of selling. I actually think if we get £30m for him then that’s great business (even though I’d rather he stay) as we don’t know what he will become. I I liken it to Ivan Toney, I always believed he would be a top player, but he needed to leave us to get it that full value stage

2 minutes ago, midds said:

We have better cover there though. Right now we have Almiron, Murphy and Minteh to play RW. Sell Minteh and don't replace him and see the same impotent right hand side failing to contribute and it'll be a massive L

This goes without saying.

However, it is nigh on impossible this happens.

We've already tried to get one of the best right wingers in the league.

It's also been made very clear this is a priority position this summer, and a good chunk of the budget will go towards it.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people prefer him to go to Brighton for straight cash, or a swap deal for DCL (assuming both get is out of bother with PSR) ?

Straight cash. Allows us far more flexibility in the market.

And even if the club really wants DCL, his price is only going to continue to go down through the summer, and so will only get him for cheaper towards the end of the window.

6 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

Exactly. What part of clubs not wanting our other players do people not get?!

Nobody has any idea what offers we could receive? Fraser I think will certainly go, Miggy, Wilson, Targett, Anderson, Longstaff,  if offers came in for these, I'm sure we'll be listening.  We've got weeks and weeks of this, I'm sure there's only our fans that think our players are unsellable, but I'll remind you, we shifted out both Shelvey and Wood to Forest.

Why do so many people want to just take a points deduction for a player they've never even seen play? [emoji38]

Unless your only ambition for that season is to not get relegated then a points deduction is disastrous. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Nobody has any idea what offers we could receive? Fraser I think will certainly go, Miggy, Wilson, Targett, Anderson, Longstaff,  if offers came in for these, I'm sure we'll be listening.  We've got weeks and weeks of this, I'm sure there's only our fans that think our players are unsellable, but I'll remind you, we shifted out both Shelvey and Wood to Forest.

We don't have weeks and weeks to make a sale though. That's the problem.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

This goes without saying.

However, it is nigh on impossible this happens.

We've already tried to get one of the best right wingers in the league.

It's also been made very clear this is a priority position this summer, and a good chunk of the budget will go towards it.

If it's a priority position then let's at least have a look at the lad that other clubs are supposedly looking at dropping £40m on? Let's make that decision after we've had him for a pre-season and if it costs us 2 or 3 points next year then fair enough. He might just save us shelling out £50m for a RW and that's money we could spend elsewhere? 

We have a gaping hole at RW and this lad may be the answer. I just don't want to move him on before we've had a chance to look at him first. I realise it's a risk with the breach of PSR but I'm not bothered about that shit, I'd quite welcome it tbph. 

15 minutes ago, midds said:

If we're lining up at home to Southampton on 17th August with either Almiron or Murphy at RW then we've completely fucked it. 

If Isak and Bruno are in the side then I'd disagree.