Felix Nmecha

Jack27

Bit gutted these were the only two players we are getting tbh.

"Newcastle United redraw summer transfer plans and target two big signings due to FFP limits

Exclusive: Club will focus resources on signing players who give team more creativity to unlock opposition defences"

6 minutes ago, SAK said:

We sure Baldwards got the right United as all Google searches throw up this guy linked to Man U and Dortmund.

Same - couldn’t find anything linking him to us.

2 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

The irony in here is too much. We are literally owned by a country where you get lashed and imprisoned for being gay. 

Oh then let’s just embrace every fucker with open arms ffs.

3 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

The irony in here is too much. We are literally owned by a country where you get lashed and imprisoned for being gay. 

If anything this would be another reason why we shouldn't aggravate the controversy around the club by signing someone like this.

The dude is 21 and a lot of people believe in stupid stuff at that age. It's up to him whether he eventually matures to the point that he doesn't. 

In the interim, I could perhaps hold my nose and support him as a player if he is willing to keep the more batshit side of his beliefs quiet. If he ends up here, we can only hope the club will put good people around him to advise him as such.

Ultimately I think for a younger player you treat persistent idiocy like this as if it were a long-term injury problem. Maybe it's never going to be an issue while he plays for you. Or maybe it will aggravate to the point where he's no longer useful as a player. The discount for that risk is probably reflected in his sale price, and the fact that we can beat out the competition to sign him.

Edited by oldtype

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

If anything this would be another reason why we shouldn't aggravate the controversy around the club by signing someone like this.

100% agree. Im just saying the majority of fans will openly welcome and praise our owners with the same beliefs. Next level hypocrisy. 

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1668335923485093888

Luke Edwards

@LukeEdwardsTele

I actually think they are still weighing up Thuram but he would be more expensive. I know fans aren’t overly keen but McTominay also remains of interest. In fact, my head hurts after today so I’m going to chill with a bottle of wine now. Night all #NUFC

:lol: what is this? Works as much as a Victorian era lady of the manor with a wasting disease.

After doing some googling on his social media posts - yikes. Mind, we aren't exactly owned by the 'come one, come all' brigade. 

It does seem certain we're in the market for an athletic number 8 to give more rotation to Jo, Joe and Longstaff, so he ticks that boxes. 

There’s no way that transfer happens with his social media posting. Zero. I’m kind of relieved because after initially reading about the guy earlier my first impression was that he’s filler and no more. Just someone that would flatter to deceive for a bit, maybe oust Longstaff or Willock for a game or two until everyone realises they were better all along.

Cool thread while it lasted though ?

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s no way that transfer happens with his social media posting. Zero. I’m kind of relieved because after initially reading about the guy earlier my first impression was that he’s filler and no more. Just someone that would flatter to deceive for a bit, maybe oust Longstaff or Willock for a game or two until everyone realises they were better all along.

Cool thread while it lasted though ?

I would imagine you are correct.

13 hours ago, Deuce said:

:lol: what is this? Works as much as a Victorian era lady of the manor with a wasting disease.

:lol: He legit caught the vapors mid tweet. Stealing a living.

Interesting no other journo's seem to be standing this up, aside from the aggregator outlets who reported the initial story. Last night when Edwards first put it out I thought it had Isak vibes of something suddenly breaking and would then be pretty much wrapped up in the next day or two. No one else seems to be running with this.