Felix Nmecha

Jack27

7 minutes ago, wormy said:

Who is he? Is he good? It's genuinely fun not knowing a single thing about new signings until I see them play for us. :lol:

Bloody hell. Wish I stayed not knowing a single thing about him.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Yep, really doesn’t sit well with me.

Can't stop a bigot from being a bigot - just no need to be public about hateful views when you are in a business where PR and fan support is a massive deal.

I would have no issue supporting a player like this if they remained neutral, respectful despite disagreements and kept their opinions to themselves.

Publicly airing hate and prejudice is an absolute no no and an insult to the club's LGBT fans. Would not support this move and would find it very hard to cheer someone like this on during matchday.

Edited by Amir_9

Has Baldwards not gone looking for the most decisive candidate, ran with it and clickety click there you go! Doesn’t fit with our team spirit, or current owners appearance of inclusivity at the club. Is this him having a fucking laugh over a bottle of cheap red, counting the clicks? 

It’s definitely true we have a lot of footballers with similar views, particularly Muslims, but do not publicly express such views when they’re in the public eye. whether you’re Christian, Muslim or catholic I don’t agree or feel such views belong particularly within our society, so if there is any truth that we have an interest in this fella and he has such views I really hope we don’t go anywhere near him. 

It’s definitely a sensitive area when it comes to cultural and religious beliefs as such, but we either live in a society that accepts everyone and promote equality and challenge such views or turn a blind eye so we don’t offend somebody’s beliefs. 

I do cringe a little at the line being drawn at openly homophobic on social media vs. closeted homophobia or being effectively owned and funded by a country that says it’s illegal to be gay and treats women as second class citizens.

But I also have no idea where to draw the line and it’s fair to say that can at least be an obvious place to draw one.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Has Baldwards not gone looking for the most decisive candidate, ran with it and clickety click there you go! Doesn’t fit with our team spirit, or current owners appearance of inclusivity at the club. Is this him having a fucking laugh over a bottle of cheap red, counting the clicks? 

Exactly what I was thinking. It sounds dubious.

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

I feel like his wumming normally isn't that inventive. Besides, it's not like he doesn't throw a ton of the shit hoping it sticks generally.

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Way too 4D chess territory for him. He just got lucky today. 

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I do cringe a little at the line being drawn at openly homophobic on social media vs. closeted homophobia or being effectively owned and funded by a country that says it’s illegal to be gay and treats women as second class citizens.

But I also have no idea where to draw the line and it’s fair to say that can at least be an obvious place to draw one.

There have been folks who have taken a stand to a certain degree - either fully and completely boycotting the club (I personally know some like this) or airing their disagreements about the owners but still supporting the club just like they did in the Ashley era. I do think there is an acceptance of the fact there aren't enough in our fanbase (or in fact any club's fanbase) that care to the level that it has a mass boycott in the hope something might be done about it. Vast majority of people really do just want to watch and support their football club under practically most circumstances.

Mind you the owners aren't the one kicking the ball around every weekend, so its easier to turn a blind eye or be 50/50 about it when you aren't literally seeing them every weekend as opposed to a footballer on the pitch that thinks like this so publicly. Maybe a cop-out statement, I don't know.

Edited by Amir_9

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Way too 4D chess territory for him. He just got lucky today. 

Seems off the club would go with open bigotry for a new prospect?! Time will tell. Excited to be linked with a new player. Just not this one! 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Seems off the club would go with open bigotry for a new prospect?! Time will tell. Excited to be linked with a new player. Just not this one! 

Or they’ve done their due diligence already and have come to a different conclusion than we have in here?

Not totally sure obviously. But it goes without saying, I definitely do not want an openly homophobic player in our squad, representing our club. 

As someone else has said, there will be a helluva lot of players who due to their religion will have the same beliefs. They do, however, respect other opinions even if they might disagree by not being so open about it. Posting stuff like that is out of order. 

Borussia Dortmund: BVB fans revolt against possible Bellingham replacement! 

Borussia Dortmund is looking for a successor for England star Jude Bellingham (19, moved to Real Madrid). But a successor candidate at BVB is not welcomed with open arms, at least in the social networks. Wolfsburg’s young national player Felix Nmecha (22/1 international match) should (and could) take over the Bellingham role in midfield. A real bargain with an estimated transfer fee of around 15 million euros. Sporty good business. After all, the “8er” was one of the winners of the past Bundesliga season.

But parts of the BVB fans reject Nmecha!  In the social networks, fans are up in arms against Nmecha. The reason: He is accused of being homophobic. The fact is that he is a strong believer in Christ. On his Instagram account, he shares homophobic content in his stories. With the beginning of the Pride month of June, he shared a video of the account “Reformed by christ” which assigned the word Pride to the devil. In February he shared a video of American right-wing populist Matt Walsh (37), who clearly opposes and rejects LGBTQ rights. The video deliberately misinterpreted a man telling the story of his transgender child.

A few days after that, he declared himself on Insta. Nmecha: “I honestly have to admit that I disagree with the majority of what Walsh says and the way he treats people.” But he continued: “I still believe that the Bible is the word of God and I am .” Believe that everyone finds their true identity in a relationship with HIM (including myself).”

The reactions of the fans are clear. ︎ A BVB fan writes on Twitter: “Quite simply: I don’t want Felix Nmecha in my club because of his views.” What kind of a sign is it when you see an openly transphobic player (religion is no excuse for such behavior) signs?” ︎ Another comment says: “A Christian warrior of God with discriminatory views as a replacement for Bellingham?” Hey BVB, I don’t want to see someone like Nmecha in our shirt. I don’t care how well he plays or what potential he has. No way.”

︎ And further: “I’m not interested in evaluating a transfer from #Nmecha in sporting terms.” If we prove this player who doesn’t fit the values of our club in terms of character, #BVB needs more on social media and generally no more on topics like talking tolerance.”

︎ A fan is even considering leaving the club: “If we get Felix Nmecha, I really have to think hard about whether I can keep my membership.” I expect that the club’s players will also follow the basic code of values.” There are also other voices that limit their assessment to his sporting achievements. And that’s where many people see his development. Last season he became a regular in Wolfsburg under Niko Kovac (51), involved in eight goals in 30 appearances (Bellingham had 13 goals). If he hadn’t recently injured himself, he would either be in the senior international matches of the DFB or would at least be part of the U21 squad for the European Championship in Georgia. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

As someone else has said, there will be a helluva lot of players who due to their religion will have the same beliefs. They do, however, respect other opinions even if they might disagree by not being so open about it. Posting stuff like that is out of order. 

Aye it properly backward to openly express feelings/thoughts like that.

He’s German/English too where people are usually more open minded.

2 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

https://twitter.com/LukeEdwardsTele/status/1668335923485093888

Luke Edwards

@LukeEdwardsTele

I actually think they are still weighing up Thuram but he would be more expensive. I know fans aren’t overly keen but McTominay also remains of interest. In fact, my head hurts after today so I’m going to chill with a bottle of wine now. Night all #NUFC

Before I clicked that, I thought you were taking the piss.