Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

You’ve got understand it from the rest of the footballing worlds perspective:  Why the fuck would anyone of that standard want to come to the richest football club in the world that’s about to unleash its unlimited potential?

40 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Even Ryder isn't denying it

alexander-isak-isak.gif

Fuck, imagine just being able to show the first 22 minutes of that match to any potential new signing :lol:

23 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Like the versatility and the idea of Bruno and Tonali being able to alternate during a game with who goes deep and not. Makes us less predictable. 

I’ve been banging on about this, as have others, for ages. Fluidity in the middle creates real impetus and multiple attacking options that are really hard to defend. At the same time, if the trio have exceptional fitness/energy and can tackle it’s really difficult to get through. Really excited by this prospect (system and individual addition). A statement signing. 

5 minutes ago, Milanista said:

It seems that there is still haggling over the price. Tonali is being offered 8m net (some say 7m) but that would make him your highest earner by a lot. That's around 14-16m euros gross.

The whispers from those who have a whiff of inside knowledge (they broke the Maldini firing rumors otherwise I'd roll my eyes at them) say that Milan is demanding 100-110m for him, while the more mainstream (and more public) sources like Longo say that Milan are not in agreement with Newcastle over the amount, they want more than 70m. Schiavone and others say that Milan want 90m.

Di Marzio is just now saying that there is no agreement--he's really going against the reporting of people like Longo and others.

I'd be amazed if we can afford those wages whilst a) complying with FFP and b) without pissing the rest of the squad off.

I'm not so sure 90m euros is wise on one player either with FFP

2 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Without wanting to read the 26 pages that are new in this thread since this morning, I sincerely hope that posters haven't been too mean and you stick around on here.

I really enjoyed your detailed posts this morning about this player, his tactical acumen, where he would fit etc. If this transfer does happen- and it's still a big "if" then I hope it works out well for all parties and that your owners reinvest the money smartly to improve the squad. 

Also next time we're linked with a Milan player I want to read you writing "after we passed on Botman and then discarded our cast-off Tonali to you..." 😉

I'm trying not to lash out, it's interesting to see the reactions here, though.

I'll try to be as honest as possible: I've never wanted Botman. Tonali is not someone I ever wanted to leave, he's a great player. Comparisons to Aquilani are lazy, he's nothing like him. There are significant factions of Milan fans who actually think anything above 70m is a steal--many of them have been talking about him being overrated (before this transfer) and are celebrating this sale, I am not one of them.

I worry about our owners. They really think they have broken the code on transfers through data, and it seems they're going to use us as their grand reveal of their supposed genius. I am skeptical.

This is what Di Marzio reported:

"At the moment there isn’t any agreement for the sale of Tonali. Milan met the player’s agents today to discuss how to adjust in case the serious interest from Newcastle and Chelsea in the player turn into concrete offers. It was decided that Milan would listen to the offers and only then the different options would be proposed to the player. Pioli has not been informed about a possible departure of Tonali. Tonali asked his entourage to be left calm at this time since he is busy with Euro U-21."

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

So close to a legendary midfield combo of Bruno and Tonolni.

shades of Curry and Rice for Forest or of course the holy grail of Fish Costa Fortune

image.png