Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

10 hours ago, Milanista said:

Tonali is like Shearer, he's from this area, he loves this team, and while he didn't come to Milan at the same point of his career as Shearer did when going to Newcastle, but there's no way Shearer was going to leave Newcastle... so why would Tonali leave?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

3 minutes ago, Twenties Unlaced said:

Never thought Tonali would sign, he seemed too integral to Milan’s future. I don’t think it’s too overstated to say it would be similar to signing Gerrard from Liverpool when he was 23.

Let’s see, hope it happens.

If that’s not overstating it, I’m excited :lol:

It looks like you're going to get Tonali. I'm quite shocked, not because we sold a player, but because we need Italians, in particular.

He is an incredible player. He can be a DM, he can be a box-to-box in the true marauding English style. Maybe not Gerrard exactly, but think young Roy Keane.

Our new ownership really does think they are smarter than everyone, and it seems that firing Maldini was truly a sign that they think they are smarter than everyone and are apparently going to go full-force into Moneyball.

We haven't sold a player under our previous owners, who are bankrolling our current owners--it seems that our new ownership structure is clearing out everyone who doesn't fit with their project.

I realize I'm going to get stick on here, and that's fine, I've tried to be gracious--but it seems our new ownership has very different plans to Maldini. I'm truly in shock.

Oh, and just as a note, salaries in Italy are reported in net, not gross.

You've just got a hell of a player, our fanbase is quite shocked.

Just now, Milanista said:

It looks like you're going to get Tonali. I'm quite shocked, not because we sold a player, but because we need Italians, in particular.

He is an incredible player. He can be a DM, he can be a box-to-box in the true marauding English style. Maybe not Gerrard exactly, but think young Roy Keane.

Our new ownership really does think they are smarter than everyone, and it seems that firing Maldini was truly a sign that they think they are smarter than everyone and are apparently going to go full-force into Moneyball.

We haven't sold a player under our previous owners, who are bankrolling our current owners--it seems that our new ownership structure is clearing out everyone who doesn't fit with their project.

I realize I'm going to get stick on here, and that's fine, I've tried to be gracious--but it seems our new ownership has very different plans to Maldini. I'm truly in shock.

Feel for you and the fans, very tough. 

🫶🏻

Just now, cubaricho said:

In a good way?

Yea, I love this. I can't believe we're going to sign someone in midfield for this price, this age, this quality and potential. 

Can’t see Milanista said anything controversial. If the lad does sign it’s a huge kick it the bollocks for Milan and he’d still have to prove himself here. I’d expect there to be a buy back type option at a reduced price if it’s not working out. Hope we’ve done our homework on the boy.

Ignore the people on here who are giving you stick, there is absolutely no need to apologise you're a class poster and your insight is more then welcome here :)

1 minute ago, Milanista said:

I feel for you mate. Nothing but respect for you and Milan (my 2nd club growing up) 

2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

You are such a great poster. Thank you for your insight. I hope we get him and wish Milan all the success.