Sandro Tonali: given suspended two-month ban by FA (Official)

The Prophet

1 hour ago, prefabtoon said:

6 Months plus 6 month suspended, provided he goes to young players and explains the pitfalls of gambling.

I think it would be best if he sorted his own issues out via therapy or whatever before we start packing him off to try and teach others.

1 hour ago, prefabtoon said:

6 Months plus 6 month suspended, provided he goes to young players and explains the pitfalls of gambling.

‘Always make sure you cover your stake young’uns.  I like to throw on a NAP bet, just to increase my chances of coming out up’

While I understand ramifications are necessary, giving someone with a gambling or any addiction more downtime on their hands by keeping them away from work seems counter productive, if not a reckless handling of the situation. Hopefully he is allowed to train at least or some type of community service?

30 minutes ago, toontownman said:

While I understand ramifications are necessary, giving someone with a gambling or any addiction more downtime on their hands by keeping them away from work seems counter productive, if not a reckless handling of the situation. Hopefully he is allowed to train at least or some type of community service?

I think rather than a ban - fine them based on their earnings.  So in Tonali's case millions - club isn't affected who is the innocent party in all of this and player still is still punished. 

Edited by duo

Just now, duo said:

I think rather than a ban - fine them based on their earnings.  So in Tonali's case millions - club isn't affected who is the innocent party in all of this and player still is punished. 

Agree, especially in this case we likely couldn't be any more innocent, why should our club be punished?

For no reason whatsoever but I don’t see his ban being that long. Would love to be a fly on the wall regarding what legal positions we are talking with the activity when under contract with a different club & FA.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

For no reason whatsoever but I don’t see his ban being that long. Would love to be a fly on the wall regarding what legal positions we are talking with the activity when under contract with a different club & FA.

It all depends what he really is guilty of. Atm it is all hear say - if he did bet on football and specifically Milan I can't see it being any less than 12 months.

I see Milan have commented ....I am not buying that they didn't know.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-sandro-tonali-ac-milan-27963207

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Fagioli owned up, and apparently didn’t bet on his own club, and got 12 months with some of it suspended.  It would be amazing on that basis if Tonali’s ban was the same or less - it’ll most likely be 18 months or more.  It’ll come down to what portion of it is suspended. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Fagioli owned up, and apparently didn’t bet on his own club, and got 12 months with some of it suspended.  It would be amazing on that basis if Tonali’s ban was the same or less - it’ll most likely be 18 months or more.  It’ll come down to what portion of it is suspended. 

I think the best we can hope for is he didn't bet on football and is just accused of using an illegal gambling site.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Did he have Nick DeMarco on the case? 🤣 I no nothing about Fagioli as a player and his contract and transfer value (?) but I wouldn’t be surprised if we got our top boy on the case. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Did he have Nick DeMarco on the case? 🤣 I no nothing about Fagioli as a player and his contract and transfer value (?) but I wouldn’t be surprised if we got our top boy on the case. 

I don’t think we have :) though he may be sending out notice that he is via the usual means - cryptic clues on his Twitter timeline …

4 minutes ago, duo said:

I think the best we can hope for is he didn't bet on football and is just accused of using an illegal gambling site.

100%.  If that’s the case then any ban will feel incredibly harsh to me - if he’s been on blackjack or betting on horses etc.  Of course, he would need support and help for his addiction, but he could rightly feel hard done by.

If he’s been betting on football - particularly his own club - then the ban is deserved IMO.