Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

All the long bans do is make others not want to come out about their addiction.

They need to state anyone in the game gambling and is an issue please put their hand up now and any sentencing will be extremely lean but persons fully supported.

They need to get it out in the open.

Just now, Dokko said:

They need to state anyone in the game gambling and is an issue please put their hand up now and any sentencing will be extremely lean but persons fully supported.

They need to get it out in the open.

Yeah if you step forward before being caught then support and leniency 100% to allow others a safe structured route to help and support. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

For him to be available from August feels like a reasonable result when the maximum was up to three years. I still think it's overboard though, given the victimless nature of the offence. 

Singling you out a bit unfairly perhaps, but I find this and many other takes on the potential punishment to be really odd.

Loads of people having an opinion on what should happen, what's reasonable etc when we know absolutely NOTHING about what he's actually done. I've chosen your post out of loads because I found the "victimless" bit really odd, as if he's been betting on his own team to lose (again, we have absolutely no idea what he's done) it's far from victimless as he can influence those matches and that affects the integrity of the sport and directly affects other people's winnings if he's underperformed to cause a loss or whatever.

We have absolutely no idea what he's done yet, so any claims of punishments being too harsh, about right, victimless, whatever, is all a load of bollocks at this stage.

I believe that he only gambled on AC Milan games when he wasn't playing or on the bench and never bet on them to lose. If that's true of course. It took them ages to put Tooneys case together so if they do this one quickly then it must have been going on for some while and him, his old club and owners were aware of the problems when he was sold to us

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Singling you out a bit unfairly perhaps, but I find this and many other takes on the potential punishment to be really odd.

Loads of people having an opinion on what should happen, what's reasonable etc when we know absolutely NOTHING about what he's actually done. I've chosen your post out of loads because I found the "victimless" bit really odd, as if he's been betting on his own team to lose (again, we have absolutely no idea what he's done) it's far from victimless as he can influence those matches and that affects the integrity of the sport and directly affects other people's winnings if he's underperformed to cause a loss or whatever.

We have absolutely no idea what he's done yet, so any claims of punishments being too harsh, about right, victimless, whatever, is all a load of bollocks at this stage.

Wouldn't he be getting done for match fixing if he was betting on Milan to lose?

Edit: you are right we don't know the details like, but I would hope players caught throwing games would be treat differently to players betting on football (whether it be their own team or not).

Edited by Hanshithispantz

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Tonali built the app and distributed it via dark web forums. Charged a subscription for it which he received in dogecoin. Cant let him round our young players. 

Just evidence of his creativity tbh. Can't wait for him to put it to good use when he returns to the pitch.

I can't imagine wor Amanda will be to happy paying him his full wage, will they just send him back to Italy until the summer and then he's back for pre season or make him stay over here ?

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Fair enough re us not knowing the facts, the temptation to jump to conclusions is just too great. :lol: My post was based on the assumption that he's made bets like you or I would, rather affect the integrity of the sport/deliberately under-performed/whatever. I went on to say that there's absolutely no indication of anything truly malevolent having happened; I think we'd have known about it by now given what else has emerged from the case. 

His contract will decide what we can and can’t do about his wages. He should be given a break and then told to come back, train if he can and learn English. 

I’d not bother going after Milan; they owe us though.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

His contract will decide what we can and can’t do about his wages. He should be given a break and then told to come back, train if he can and learn English. 

I’d not bother going after Milan; they owe us though.

Go after them on the pitch!

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

My concern is that this won’t be the end of it, as I am presuming that if he is a gambling addict that he didn’t stop betting on football once he signed for us, meaning the FA could still get involved with a separate ban for his time here.

You would think that this would run concurrently but they took an age with Toney’s case that it might not.

Your concern is worse case scenarios you are making up in your head. No need to worry.