Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Been in Monte Carlo for the past week for tennis. Place was full of Italians, being close to the border. During our match on Saturday I was wearing the blue away top and one of the Italians shouted over “Sandro Tonali”.

Blanked the bastid. 😉

1 hour ago, ennyoueffsea said:

Been in Monte Carlo for the past week for tennis. Place was full of Italians, being close to the border. During our match on Saturday I was wearing the blue away top and one of the Italians shouted over “Sandro Tonali”.

Blanked the bastid. 😉

Wearing a football top in Monte Carlo is just horrendous mind. 

Was his contract extended to match the ban? It's kind of the least Tonali could do offering the club a 10month extension clause, that the club could trigger before his contract runs out if they wanted.

Edited by Arknor

On 16/04/2024 at 08:50, Izakaya said:

Wearing a football top in Monte Carlo is just horrendous mind. 

You just wanted to tell us you know what it is to be a stylish man on the Riveria didn’t you.

18 minutes ago, 54 said:

9 Competitive games until this Italian maestro can play again.

Doesn't sound so bad when you put it like that! Pity about it stretching into next season mind. Seems hugely unnecessary to ban him from playing in pre season friendlies.

44 minutes ago, Checko said:

Think he can play in friendlies fortunately https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/sandro-tonali-train-play-friendlies-newcastle-10-month-ban-2712861, unless something changed since.

Think the last report I saw, which was a couple of months after this one, was that he couldn't*... But it was always unclear. Guess we'll have a better idea after the Australia tour, as you'd expect he'd run out there otherwise.

*Well, he was allowed to play in behind closed door friendlies, but not in front of a crowd.

11 minutes ago, 80 said:

Think the last report I saw, which was a couple of months after this one, was that he couldn't*... But it was always unclear. Guess we'll have a better idea after the Australia tour, as you'd expect he'd run out there otherwise.

*Well, he was allowed to play in behind closed door friendlies, but not in front of a crowd.

Ah yeah I think you're right unfortunately - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13092463/NEWCASTLE-NOTEBOOK-Callum-Wilson-Toon-Sandro-Tonali-Dan-Ashworth-spy.html

"Tonali stuck behind closed doors

Sandro Tonali will not be allowed to feature in Newcastle's pre-season friendlies this summer, Mail Sport understands.

The Italian is also still awaiting the outcome of a Football Association investigation into whether he gambled on football AFTER his £52m move to Newcastle in the summer."

https://theathletic.com/5375478/2024/03/28/sandro-tonali-betting-ban-newcastle/

"and Newcastle’s understanding is that he also cannot take part in mid-season or pre-season friendlies," [love the fact the club doesn't even seem sure :lol:]

Tbh I've kind of tuned out all the Tonali stuff since the ban so he'll feel like an absolutely brand spanking new signing.

Edited by Checko