Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

8 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

The more I think about this the more I'm pissed off with Tolali and maybe Milan depending on what they knew. As soon as we agreed the fee with Milan in June then Tonali should have spoken out about his addiction and allowed the transfer to be cancelled. Instead he allowed us to give his home town club £55m knowing this could become public at any time and it will be Nufc not Milan who will suffer the consequences of his ban once it comes out.

You don’t know what we knew or didn’t know as much as if you know if Howe still would have wanted him or not. This is all conjecture and the fact is he’s our player now so we stand by him.

28 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

The more I think about this the more I'm pissed off with Tolali and maybe Milan depending on what they knew. As soon as we agreed the fee with Milan in June then Tonali should have spoken out about his addiction and allowed the transfer to be cancelled. Instead he allowed us to give his home town club £55m knowing this could become public at any time and it will be Nufc not Milan who will suffer the consequences of his ban once it comes out.

For all we know, Milan could've threatened him with not being able to train or something similar if he didn't accept our contract. He knew that we would probably pull out of the deal if he told us (assuming we didn't know).

33 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

For all we know, he perhaps thought that by leaving the country, the problem would disappear. People under immense pressure think in bizarre ways sometimes.

Does anyone really think, if we knew we'd have still bought the cunt, seriously? 😂😂

Top and bottom of it is he knew he had an addiction and said fuck all*

Hid it like most people with addictions do until they get caught, get ill or see the light and fight the good fight. 

Coincidentally getting caught is usually the time the waterworks start. 

He's done us like a kipper. 

Having said that he's a £55m player so we just need to see it through, regardless

*given the allegations of institutional corruption with added mafia type violence in Italy maybees he had no choice. 

Edited by Groundhog63

29 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Does anyone really think, if we knew we'd have still bought the cunt, seriously? 😂😂

Top and bottom of it is he knew he had an addiction and said fuck all*

Hid it like most people with addictions do until they get caught, get ill or see the light and fight the good fight. 

Coincidentally getting caught is usually the time the waterworks start. 

He's done us like a kipper. 

Having said that he's a £55m player so we just need to see it through, regardless

*given the allegations of institutional corruption with added mafia type violence in Italy maybees he had no choice. 

Worst post this year and it’s up against some competition 

1 hour ago, 500bhp said:

As soon as we agreed the fee with Milan in June then Tonali should have spoken out about his addiction and allowed the transfer to be cancelled.

Yeah if someone was looking to treble my salary and give me a multi-million pound signing on fee, that's exactly what I'd have done. I'm sure you would have too.

25 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Mate has family in Milan and there’s talk there of us suing Milan 

Part payment made by them rolling over for us in the final group game. Tonali will get one of his mates to put a £5 acca on it.

What has happened has happened, the only thing that matters is the future, yeah he has done wrong, that's in the past, the club are going to support the lad as that is the sensible option. As for Milan if we can sue them then great.

Edited by Bally21

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Suarez and Terry got a few games for racism, yet Toney and Tonali get 8 and 10 months for betting. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Eric Cantona got a month less for kung fu kicking a fan. 

I was a Human Factors/ Health and Safety gimp for a bit towards the end of my RAF career and as a consequence can’t help but think the authorities are going to make this big issue remain hidden, if they continue throwing out such long bans. 

Why is it in most other walks of life including safety critical professions, it is understood that being punitive makes people hide their mistakes. But football thinks it’s the only way to prevent an already big issue from getting worse? If you want to educate and learn from mistakes and issues, you have to show understanding and address the underlying causes.

Punishing people without accepting and changing footballs relationship with the betting industry, simply isn’t going to work.

We all have skeletons in the closet regardless of how minor they are , so would we say anything to anyone including new employer if we thought we could get away with it , and the answer is no.

We would all take a risk and hope nothing comes out, it's a dog eat dog world .

50 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah if someone was looking to treble my salary and give me a multi-million pound signing on fee, that's exactly what I'd have done. I'm sure you would have too.

Even if you knew that the prospective new employer was paying a non-refundable £50 million to your old employer for your services?  And you knew that you had created circumstances that might very soon render you unable to provide those services?  And are you saying you "would" have kept it to yourself (even though it was wrong) or that it was actually morally OK not to let on?

If you or I change jobs and don't tell the new employer about, say, an addiction issue, then when it comes to light and the new employer finds out, the employer can just sack us and hire a replacement.  He's not all that much worse off.  But here you've got the issue of the £50 million, which changes the whole moral calculus.