Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

28 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

If we have to sell a star player to comply with FFP/PSR I would rather sell Tonali and keep Bruno and Isak and Gordon!!

To make it even remotely worthwhile you’d probably have to get significantly more than we paid for him given he’s only one year into a five year contract, so he hasn’t really ‘amortised’ very much.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

4 more games I think.

Yep after the 2nd game next season iirc, can he play the friendlys aginst spurs and the teams in the j league?

1 minute ago, danny said:

Yep after the 2nd game next season iirc, can he play the friendlys aginst spurs and the teams in the j league?

Don't think so. Only if behind closed doors I think.

18 hours ago, Ankles Bennett said:

If we have to sell a star player to comply with FFP/PSR I would rather sell Tonali and keep Bruno and Isak and Gordon!!

No-one at the club has ever said anything about us selling a "star player" such as Bruno, Gordon, or Isak.

No one ever !!!

The daft southern media fell for Eales' comments, but no reason for us to do so!

2 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Might only be two premier league games if we're chosen by Sky for Sunday for our 3rd match as it'd fall on 1st Sept. So definitely two and probably three more league games for him to miss. 

2 games left this season, next season starts on the 17th so 2nd weekend is 24th, and his ban ends on the 27th  no ? Don't tell me there's an international break after one league game ?

13 minutes ago, madras said:

2 games left this season, next season starts on the 17th so 2nd weekend is 24th, and his ban ends on the 27th  no ? Don't tell me there's an international break after one league game ?

Just me jumping in sorry. Although I did think he was banned until 31st August. 

7 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Just me jumping in sorry. Although I did think he was banned until 31st August. 

He’s banned until the 29th August so he could play on the 31st/1st, whatever game we have. Doubt that’ll happen though, probably see him back after the September international break 

19 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

He’s banned until the 29th August so he could play on the 31st/1st, whatever game we have. Doubt that’ll happen though, probably see him back after the September international break 

27th August to be precise, not that it changes much

I find it absolutely ridiculous that he is banned for the first few weeks of the season, who gains anything from that? The ban is a ridiculous length anyway, should be allowed to play again from the start of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Norseman said:

27th August to be precise, not that it changes much

The FA summary confirmed it was the 29th August 

IMG_9068.jpeg

On 14/05/2024 at 16:54, Norseman said:

Weird. Why is it suddenly two extra days?

Because there will be games scheduled on the 27th and 28th, no doubt.

The 29th is a Thursday.

On 16/05/2024 at 08:03, Sima said:

Because there will be games scheduled on the 27th and 28th, no doubt.

The 29th is a Thursday.

We could well now be playing on that Thursday in a Conference League qualifier. Does the ban cover the 29th or is he eligible to play on the 29th, I wonder? I'm guessing he's OK?

If he can play, then a Conference League qualifier could be a good match for minutes ahead of the league game that Sunday. 

I thought he would have got a run around in Australia. Surprised he’s not going over unless I’m under the wrong impression that he could play in friendlies 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I thought he would have got a run around in Australia. Surprised he’s not going over unless I’m under the wrong impression that he could play in friendlies 

Can't play in friendlies.

Just now, STM said:

Can't play in friendlies.

Really? I’m sure I read he could. So he can’t even feature in pre season? If that’s the case I can’t see him coming straight back in the side when his ban is up. Probably be 5 or 6 games in before he gets a start