Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

13 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Surely waiting on the 1st for it to be against next seasons books?

Italian transfer window only opens on the 1st too. (Not sure if that means outgoing deals can’t happen until then?)

53 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

U21 Euro final not until 8 July. So, without anything sinister occurring, could even be as late as week commencing 10th July ?‍♂️

We signed Bruno while he was on international duty so I think it could be done before the tournament finishes. No rush though.

Just now, BonesJones said:

Do we think the medical is already done, and that it's just the announcement we're actually waiting on?

As nice as the announcement is, I just hope everything is wrapped up for obvious reasons.

I think everything is done and we are just waiting to announce it.

Be announced Saturday morning imo.

12 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Do we think the medical is already done, and that it's just the announcement we're actually waiting on?

As nice as the announcement is, I just hope everything is wrapped up for obvious reasons.

I guess it'll be like Botman, July 1st for accounting/FFP type stuff.

This was the bit I loved. As basically what I’ve been saying all summer…

“Intriguingly, Newcastle were not looking for a No 6 or a No 8 as had been assumed. Indeed, in conversations over the last few days there is something “retro” in the way Howe wants Newcastle’s midfield to play next season. You might even call it old fashioned.

In an era where there’s all sorts of tags and descriptions for midfield players, Newcastle wanted in old money what would have simply been called a centre midfielder; an all rounder.

The idea is Newcastle’s midfield will be fluid, not rigid. There will not be precise roles or positions, but rather a unit that works together in tandem, with each player shifting to different areas of the pitch, depending on the situation.

There is the hope that Tonali’s arrival will free up Bruno to have more of an impact in the final third, but Tonali will also go forward and impact play in this area too.

Freeing up is a loose term, but what it will give Newcastle is two ball players in the middle of the pitch, making it far harder for teams to shut them down. It brings a myriad of different options and Howe does not want his team to be too predictable in their patterns of play.”