Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

20 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I agree that its a problem that he needs professional support for and I am all for us sticking by him through this, however I find it hard to fully sympathise and relate him to the same level the average person with a gambling addiction who's regular income isn't anywhere near the same. These players earn a lifetime's worth of money in a single month.

You'd think he would have been able to get top of the line help for this problem with the money he was earning. There are others out there that can't financially afford getting that help. Just stupidity man.

Aye there is gambling problem and there is daft gambling.

5 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Possibly not if the ban is anything like Toney's

I don't agree with that rule though. They should be allowed to train and travel to and from a match home/away still. Not only will it make the addiction harder to get over probably due to boredom but increase his chance of mental health problems even more by being secluded.

27 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I agree that its a problem that he needs professional support for and I am all for us sticking by him through this, however I find it hard to fully sympathise and relate him to the same level the average person with a gambling addiction who's regular income isn't anywhere near the same. These players earn a lifetime's worth of money in a single month.

You'd think he would have been able to get top of the line help for this problem with the money he was earning. There are others out there that can't financially afford getting that help. Just stupidity man.

Most gamblers best form of help is going to something like GA same as alcoholics. I know a few who have paid top dollar to go to rehabs and came out and went straight back on the drink

One of them now attends AA meetings 3 or 4 times a week and swears that's the best therapy you can get

Doesn't cost owt

I can't get over that AC Milan knew about what was going on and also Tonali knew it was coming. Newcastle are the fall guys here.  Betting on your own team in a game your playing in - no excuse. Surely we can't be paying his wages during the ban? 

7 minutes ago, madras said:

I wonder if he is addicted or if its a ploy to illicit some sympathy and treatment might mean a lesser penalty ?

I mean it worked for Fagioli, as well as being a grass mind :lol:

1 minute ago, duo said:

I can't get over that AC Milan knew about what was going on and also Tonali knew it was coming. Newcastle are the fall guys here.  Betting on your own team in a game your playing in - no excuse. Surely we can't be paying his wages during the ban? 

I'm not sure they'd have known. I'd doubt the authorities would have taken nearly 4 month check his phone etc. Also it seems like it was all very recent with the players being on international duty when it broke. I'd guess the Italian FA would have avoided this if they'd known for so long 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If (when) he receives his lengthy ban, you do wonder how a gambling addict being paid millions to sit on his arse will fill those long, boring days during his suspension 

I’d be surprised if we pay him anywhere close to his full wages