Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

We've had English sources say he has and hasn't bet on football, plus Italian sources say he has and hasn't bet on football. Contradictory reports every hour or so.

The only real clue is that he's very quickly come out with the 'I'm addicted and need help' line, which maybe people do when they know a big punishment is around the corner.

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's been reported quite widely, granted I'm not sure how reliable it all is. For example:

https://football-italia.net/betting-scandal-fagioli-tonali-and-zaniolos-stances-explained-and-how-long-they-could-be-banned-for/

"The Juventus midfielder ‘self-reported’ to FIGC, admitting to gambling on football games. He also sought help from a therapist to treat his gambling addiction and revealed all he knew about the case, including the involvement of Sandro Tonali."

Fucking snidey little grass 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Italiana authorities don’t have the power to ban someone from world football, do they?

If not, then who would hand out a ban and what would it cover?

Haven't a clue about any of this. 

Usually FAs will retrospectively ban someone if they've been banned in other countries otherwise, clubs and players would just move or go on loan to get around them.

Let’s hope we know where things stand later today or by the weekend at the latest. This has been a shitshow courtesy of the Italian press being a shambles. As @The Prophet said, it’s pretty cut and dry where things stand depending on whether he has bet on football or not and it’s not remotely clear at this stage if he has. 

I was worried that he’d be desperate to go back to Italy and that he’d struggle to settle for that reason but I think thats one positive to come out of this, he’ll not want to go back anytime soon

Really can't be arsed with any of this. It doesn't look great, and it's not what he needed after a patchy start to Premier league football. I'm not surprised the club have stayed silent, this must have come out of the blue.

9 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Usually FAs will retrospectively ban someone if they've been banned in other countries otherwise, clubs and players would just move or go on loan to get around them.

Yeah if it's a breach of their rules. This isn't, it's not even football related. He's committed a crime that isn't even a crime in this country. FA will not ban him. Their options are custodial sentence, community order or fine.  They can ban him from the national team probably.

They won't give him a prison sentence so he'll get a fine probably

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah if it's a breach of their rules. This isn't, it's not even football related. He's committed a crime that isn't even a crime in this country. FA will not ban him. Their options are custodial sentence, community order or fine.  They can ban him from the national team probably.

They won't give him a prison sentence so he'll get a fine probably

This was my question. Seeing the federal prosecutor suggests this is a criminal rather than football matter. 

I guess the FA don’t ban everyone who is convicted of any crime? Joelinton and his drink driving for example. 

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This has been my thought. If the Italian FA bans him for betting on matches I'm sure he would be banned here by UEFA or English FA. If Italian prosecutors ban him for using an illegal site in Italy, no way would the club comply with that.

45 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This was my question. Seeing the federal prosecutor suggests this is a criminal rather than football matter. 

I guess the FA don’t ban everyone who is convicted of any crime? Joelinton and his drink driving for example. 

The FA can't it goes against basic human rights. Just because you've been convicted of a crime doesn't mean you can be prevented from carrying out your job unless it's safeguarding as in a Paedo who is a teacher and gets a community order.