Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

I can understand anyone associated being pissed off with tonali, especially if he's uploading holiday snaps and you've been grafting non stop over Christmas just to earn what he wouldn't notice vanish from his bank account.

I won't clap him, but I certainly won't boo him (nor any player in black and white) 

We made a commitment and if we want him to be a success we have to go along with the whole shitshow 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Jesus H, we have to keep him happy so he comes back the best he can be. I’m sure he’s absolutely gutted about it in private. 

Some public remorse and reiterating a desire to right his wrongs will have gone a long way with us. 

Everythinf he’s done has come across tone deaf. 

Nothing wrong with going to Dubai. Just don’t post it. Especially as we haven’t had a public apology.  

12 months of insta posts about motivation and writing wrongs. My uncle cheated on his wife and he’s managed to show subtle contrition via social media. Bible verses.  Something!

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Some public remorse and reiterating a desire to right his wrongs will have gone a long way with us. 

Nothing wrong with going to Dubai. Just don’t post it. Especially as we haven’t had a public apology.  

12 months of insta posts about motivation and writing wrongs. My uncle cheated on his wife and he’s managed to show subtle contrition via social media. Bible verses.  Something!

The lack of even lip service to contrition is surprising.  I know that there is a view that this is a private issue, but it’s a matter of public record - I’m kind of shocked that there hasn’t even been a bland statement via his agent or the club.  

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t there is even the remotest similarity there.  Tonali’s own actions caused this situation - it’s not bad luck or something that could happen to anyone. 

I know just havent posted in awhile [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The lack of even lip service to contrition is surprising.  I know that there is a view that this is a private issue, but it’s a matter of public record - I’m kind of shocked that there hasn’t even been a bland statement via his agent or the club.  

He just looks like a very private person, don't think he was saying much even before the betting stuff came to light. I was massively pissed off when this all came to light, but at this point I've just written him off for the season and am hoping he will come back determined to answer his critics on the pitch.

It couldn't have hurt to put out a short statement or whatever, but I'm not too fussed about that tbh. Walking out in front of the rest of the group and clapping the fans with tears in his eyes at the last match the message felt along the lines of "sorry, i'll be back" but maybe I'm putting that on him. 

Important thing is he shows it through his actions, which from what Howe has said about him training well, and his inclusion in things like the visit to the children's hospital, he is doing so.

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

James Brown Church GIF

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Tonali sent me a private message to personally apologise. Did nobody else get that then?

No. He just told me to stop whining about his suspension and posting stupid shit on the Tonali thread, which he thinks is hilarious. Said he had a blast in Dubai but is planning to spend more time in Milan in the New Year and maybe get his teeth fixed. Gave me a hot tip for the 3:30 at Haydock Park, which was nice, and asked if I fancied a small bet on the Liverpool game, which he's pretty sure we'll lose by three goals. Worrying, but at least he's broken his silence.

21 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

No. He just told me to stop whining about his suspension and posting stupid shit on the Tonali thread, which he thinks is hilarious. Said he had a blast in Dubai but is planning to spend more time in Milan in the New Year and maybe get his teeth fixed. Gave me a hot tip for the 3:30 at Haydock Park, which was nice, and asked if I fancied a small bet on the Liverpool game, which he's pretty sure we'll lose by three goals. Worrying, but at least he's broken his silence.

Nice to see he's staying positive but I'd advise against getting his teeth fixed. He might have tiny teeth but he's got big gums, not sure he could fit implants in there and still be able to close his mouth.