NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

Liverpool lookin Szobo tells you everything you need to know. Please Ashworth just slap in the release clause fee

I'm not so sure it does. Their last big purchase from RB was pretty poor.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Would it put you off buying from a particular club because a previous purchase from them didn't work out ?

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

As much as we all hate Liverpool you can't deny their recruitment has been expectional. Yes there will be the odd donkey but on a whole its top top notch. They obviously see serious potential in Szobo. Losing him to another top 4 rival will be painful

1 minute ago, madras said:

Would it put you off buying from a particular club because a previous purchase from them didn't work out ?

No, my point was that Liverpool being in for him isn't particularly a reflection of his quality.

1 minute ago, WinstonFC said:

As much as we all hate Liverpool you can't deny their recruitment has been expectional. Yes there will be the odd donkey but on a whole its top top notch. They obviously see serious potential in Szobo. Losing him to another top 4 rival will be painful

I think their new recruitment team have only brought in Nunez and Gakpo to date.

I’d hate to miss out on him but 60m is a lot to spend when you’ve got 2, maybe 3 positions to fill as well. Can’t see us spending too much more than 100m if reports that we’re right at the FFP limit are accurate.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, McCormick said:

I’d hate to miss out on him but 60m is a lot to spend when you’ve got 2, maybe 3 more positions to fill as well. Can’t see us spending too much more than 100m if reports that we’re right at the FFP limit are accurate.

Aye. If Leipzig aren't budging on that release clause and ,given how much money City are about to give them for Gvardiol, they don't have to, I can see us moving for a younger/cheaper option. Likely someone we don't know about/hasn't been mentioned yet.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’d hate to miss out on him but 60m is a lot to spend when you’ve got 2, maybe 3 positions to fill as well. Can’t see us spending too much more than 100m if reports that we’re right at the FFP limit are accurate.

But we dont know how the Tonali deal is structured or how the Szobo deal could be structured. 

Just now, WinstonFC said:

Their new DOF only started on 1st June

Yes, because Edwards and then Ward left, hence they’ve got a new recruitment team which is what you asked about.