NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Saw we've been linked with Guehi from Palace as the new right centre back option.

Makes more sense than the Joachim Anderson links due to his younger age.

Article also mentioned Guehi shares agents with a few of the current team.

46 minutes ago, McCormick said:

For anyone who didn’t want Maddison due to him apparently preferring Spurs; Big Dom- according to a German journalist- says he would choose Liverpool over Newcastle after talks with his representatives.

Liverpool are still a massive club tbf, not one which is on the way down run by Ashley's bald twin.

36 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Saw we've been linked with Guehi from Palace as the new right centre back option.

Makes more sense than the Joachim Anderson links due to his younger age.

Article also mentioned Guehi shares agents with a few of the current team.

Chelsea probably have a buy back option.

Convinced we are being led fairy stories by the press.

I'm sure we've looked close at DS, but are we still there? Same with Maddison.

They are playing likely guessing games, based on previous interest.

46 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It comes across as opinion more than fact, especially when he’s throwing Man City’s name in.

Stating the obvious.

Do any of us think we're currently more attractive than Liverpool, regardless of having CL?

Just now, BonesJones said:

Stating the obvious.

Do any of us think we're currently more attractive than Liverpool, regardless of having CL?

For us it's not about being more attractive than Liverpool or Tottenham, it's about identifying the best and hungriest young talent across the world. The one's who will bust a gut to find their way over here, not necessarily some star struck Ekiteke type who wants to hang with the big boys for selfies.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Convinced we are being led fairy stories by the press.

I'm sure we've looked close at DS, but are we still there? Same with Maddison.

They are playing likely guessing games, based on previous interest.

If he’s got a release clause that runs out tomorrow and we haven’t acted already you imagine we’re not going to.

27 minutes ago, McCormick said:

@KaKaThat’s quite a lot tbf, especially for a first offer that will likely be rebuffed.

Yeah, it's a fair chunk of money. Was just letting you know the figures the article mentioned. He certainly won't be cheap, I agree.

Just now, christ said:

If he’s got a release clause that runs out tomorrow and we haven’t acted already you imagine we’re not going to.

We clearly think the price is too high. We won't budge either.

5 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Stating the obvious.

To some we will be, depends what their motives are. We offer a new history and story, an exciting project. We have a fantastic coach, amazing fan base. 1 club city. Who knows what our limits will be. It’s not cut and dried between the 2! 

1 minute ago, STM said:

We clearly think the price is too high. We won't budge either.

We don't need to, we've still got Schar who will be good for at least one more season. We'll look to identify the next Guehi and buy him for £7m then get him ready for 2024.

I do like Andersen, I think he's a great rotation option for Schar but Guehi is next level up from him and is obviously far more of a long term option. 

All depends on the difference in fee for them but Guehi could arguably get a 6yr deal whereas Andersen probably get 3yrs maximum so an extra £25/30M to get Guehi instead of Andersen (quoted at £20M) is worth it IMHO.

I'd be happy with either of them  as I do think Andersen is better passer and dictator from defence but Guehi is better in his all round game and provides some much needed pace in our back line.