NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Updates on us at about 6.30 minutes.

Getting closer to agreeing a fee for Barnes, no actual bid more just constant dialogue between the clubs. We hope to have a fee agree or at least be near enough there by the end of the week.

We have something lined up for ASM to leave.

So nothing hugely new.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Updates on us at about 6.30 minutes.

Getting closer to agreeing a fee for Barnes, no actual bid more just constant dialogue between the clubs. We hope to have a fee agree or at least be near enough there by the end of the week.

We have something lined up for ASM to leave.

So nothing hugely new.

Can only see it being Saudi for ASM, can’t see a European club paying much.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

What do we reckon for Maxi if he does go? Just under £50M ala Neves?

£40m - £50m  in todays inflated market 

They will be buying a player from a CL club - so if they want him, they entice us with a slightly inflated price 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Target and ASM have been bench warmers most of the time though haven’t they.

They have both been injured quite a bit and Howe tends to ease players back into the starting eleven. I would be surprised if Targett doesn't end up with a lot more starts and minutes next year.  If Barnes signs, I could see ASM being sold. I don't think we sell Matt. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

What do we reckon for Maxi if he does go? Just under £50M ala Neves?

I can only see either Saudi or a PL club paying that much for anyone, let alone a sicknote. If he goes it'll be to Europe and therefore for something less than what we pay for Barnes, imo. 

I'll be forever grateful to Maxi for digging us out of the dirt during the Bruce years. Whether it's injuries or the high pressing nature of our game he just can't seem to put it together under Howe.

Two years left on his deal, so if we don't see him on our long term plan, now is the time to sell. It feels like a lot of the recent noises in the press have been pointing towards this.

Edited by The Prophet

What I’m expecting and hoping, is that Ashworth is negotiating & lining up both deals right now. Need to seal the Barnes deal first, and then LCFC will feel they could have squeezed more out of us, once we announce a £40m/£50m ASM to Saudi deal. 

3 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

What I’m expecting and hoping, is that Ashworth is negotiating & lining up both deals right now. Need to seal the Barnes deal first, and then LCFC will feel they could have squeezed more out of us, once we announce a £40m/£50m ASM to Saudi deal. 

Then we go and get Chiesa on a loan-to-buy, Kulusevksi style?

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'll be forever grateful to Maxi for digging us out of the dirt during the Bruce years. Whether it's injuries or the high pressing nature of our game he just can't seem to put it together under Howe.

Two years left on his deal, so if we don't see him on our long term plan, now is the time to sell. It feels like a lot of the recent noises in the press have been pointing towards this.

100%. I’m a huge fan of the guy I’d have liked him to have another year to try stay fit and fit in to this howe side as he’s a joy to watch but if selling him allows us another winger (chiesa hopefully) and a left back then it’s worth doing sadly

If we need to sell this summer to free up funds to improve the squad it absolutely make sense to sell ASM. As much as I love him, and would like to see him next season it is quite obvious he is not the perfect fit for our current setup. 

In a couple of years we can hopefully afford to have a ASM kind of player in the squad, now I'm not so sure.