NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, mofo said:

What's everyone's wishlist then?

For me:

CDM

RW

CF

Would love a keeper too but don't think it's a priority.

Same for me

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The season is a write off and we're financially hamstring with FFP. I personally don't see us doing anything this window - with exception of maybe a loan deal.

Aye, as much as I'm desperate for us to make some signings, I can't help but feel the reward for it this season is paltry and the board would rather keep the powder dry. Winning the FA Cup and/or qualifying for one of the lesser European competitions isn't very lucrative.

On the more optimistic flipside, similar to Gordon, they might view this window as a headstart for next season and will take a few punts.

Just now, Jordan said:

Feel like we’re screaming out for a defensive mid. We’ve got nothing through the middle when teams counter us. 

That was supposed to be Tonali sharing it with Bruno 

Just now, madras said:

That was supposed to be Tonali sharing it with Bruno 

Even in the few games he had for us Tonali didn’t look like a defensive mid. Was always further forward. I feel like we just need a Tiote type destroyer whose sole job is protecting the back 4. 

Just now, Jordan said:

Even in the few games he had for us Tonali didn’t look like a defensive mid. Was always further forward. I feel like we just need a Tiote type destroyer whose sole job is protecting the back 4. 

He was getting played in, like we did with Bruno.

Played his best football in Italy in a 2.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He is feeling more & more like a no-brainer at the minute, like. Used to having to play midfield on his own as well [emoji38]

Also used to Bielsa level fitness so should be fine on that front

6 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Also used to Bielsa level fitness so should be fine on that front

Years ago now though and has spent two years on the bench doing nigh on fuck all.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Years ago now though and has spent two years on the bench doing nigh on fuck all.

Yeah that’s the risk. But if we can’t spend, then options are low. He can play, he’s shown that plenty.

Lewis Hall has done nowt wrong, but we probably shouldn’t trigger that deal  if we can and use the money on LB who will play. Like realistically hall might be a starter in what, 3 years? - judging by eddies use of him. 

Edited by Weezertron

6 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

1 out of last 5 signings have come from abroad that’s why I think that, the rest have been young British players with PL experience.

2 out of 5 with Minteh surely. And given that Tonali was our most expensive by far it doesn’t make for much of an argument.

It's unlikely we make any big signings in January. I'd be happy with a Phillips loan. Dan Ashworth is going to have to earn his money in the summer. We need to move on Almiron, Longstaff, Targett and Wilson. 

We need a starting LB, RCB, DM and RW. 

9 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

2 out of 5 with Minteh surely. And given that Tonali was our most expensive by far it doesn’t make for much of an argument.

Forgot about Minteh, but regardless of Tonali I think there’s been a marked shift and Howe has exerted his preference for mainly British based players in last 2 windows.

Lets see how this window pans out but think we’ll see British players to the fore again.

Regardless of where they’re from I just hope he sees we need more than running power and intensity to take us forward. 

Right winger. DM. Pacy Center Back. Figure out if Hall is going to start next season, if not and we wanna do that deal anyway then sign a new LB. Burn shifts back to backup CB. Schar is slowly rotated with a lightning fast partner for Botman.

If willock, Targett, Wilson, et al aren’t staying consistently fit then they are fuck all use for us. 

36 minutes ago, vexred said:

It's unlikely we make any big signings in January. I'd be happy with a Phillips loan. Dan Ashworth is going to have to earn his money in the summer. We need to move on Almiron, Longstaff, Targett and Wilson. 

We need a starting LB, RCB, DM and RW. 

Our RCB was by a distance our best defender tonight, as he usually is.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

The Ruben Neves noise seems to have simmered. 

I think we were playing a bit of 4g chess with that one. The moment the rumour came out the premier league were creating motions to change the rules. 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

How many teams in the PL in 2024 play a Tiote type? I can’t think of any.

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

The season is a write off and we're financially hamstring with FFP. I personally don't see us doing anything this window - with exception of maybe a loan deal.

Our league form makes it an even bigger gamble.  Every position is worth millions more - I wonder what the accountants allowed for this season?  It may be that we have no buffer