NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Because your budget for the summer is gone in payment towards 1 player 

That's not how it works. The fee paid is amortised across the length of contract, regardless of how the selling club want their payments.

It's only an issue if you have cash flow problems.

46 minutes ago, Mikky said:

You have to pay the release clause in full - another (major) stumbling block 

If Chelsea are backing away from his wage demands then it doesn't say much for the EUEFA restrictions on spending if he's sat in Spain turning his nose up at PL salaries.

20 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Nico Williams is on big money at Bilbao apparently.

Not a chance! Big money for Athletic Bilbao won´t even reach the 100k per week mark. I have a good contact there and no way is Nico on that money, his brother Iñaki will be close to the 100k mark...

Hope on Tosin and Kelly:

"Talks have taken place with both player’s representatives.” Hope said. “At the moment, I got word that Tosin Adarabioyo knows where Newcastle see him fitting into their plans next season and I think they would see him as a starting centre-back.

“I’ve just got a little whisper that he might be leading towards a move to St James’ Park. For Lloyd Kelly, there’s been noises for a while now about this one being close.

“We believe talks are ongoing, but there is an issue over the size of the agent fee. The dilemma Newcastle have got it, you’re getting a player for ‘free’, but do you want to be held to ransom or pay an inflated agent fee, even if the absence of a transfer fee makes sense financially? That is the hold up at the moment, I’m told.

“Newcastle like both players. Would they do deals for both? I think they perhaps would if they were both viable. They are absolutely two names we’ll have to keep an eye on in the coming weeks.”

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hope on Tosin and Kelly:

"Talks have taken place with both player’s representatives.” Hope said. “At the moment, I got word that Tosin Adarabioyo knows where Newcastle see him fitting into their plans next season and I think they would see him as a starting centre-back.

“I’ve just got a little whisper that he might be leading towards a move to St James’ Park. For Lloyd Kelly, there’s been noises for a while now about this one being close.

“We believe talks are ongoing, but there is an issue over the size of the agent fee. The dilemma Newcastle have got it, you’re getting a player for ‘free’, but do you want to be held to ransom or pay an inflated agent fee, even if the absence of a transfer fee makes sense financially? That is the hold up at the moment, I’m told.

“Newcastle like both players. Would they do deals for both? I think they perhaps would if they were both viable. They are absolutely two names we’ll have to keep an eye on in the coming weeks.”

Get these two signed up, it'll be a belting start to the transfer window. :D

I feel like typing this just to manifest it into happening.  I see both Tosin and Kelly signing. Howe turns Tosin into a quality CB, worthy of a team playing in the Champions League. Kelly becomes a 2024 version of an up graded Aaron Hughes. Not a regular starter but solid to good when called upon. That's CB sorted for another year.

Upfront we bid a fond farewell to Wilson for between 15 and 20 million and replace him with Guirassy for the same amount, but because of PSR wizardry actually a lot "less". Almiron also heads on his way for about the same (I'll miss you you one footed smiling goon). This frees up a healthy wedge for that RW to take the team to the next level. I do believe there will be a major signing that is beyond what many thought possible, this January aside, this has happened in all transfer windows (Bruno, Isak and Tonali).

It's just a shame I don't believe in manifesting.

5 hours ago, CallumG6 said:

Get these two signed up, it'll be a belting start to the transfer window. :D

On his YouTube video he predicts we'll sign Tosin, Kelly, Ramsdale and Olise.

I really hope when we look to upgrade Pope. We sign someone a lot better than Ramsdale.

IMO he’s not really an upgrade and would cost a fortune.

We do seem to continually get linked with him, though.  

Tosin and Kelly, good squad options. Can’t really see why we want Ramsdale unless it’s to usurp Pope. What does he do better than Pope? Maybe they just want a younger keeper. Don’t want Olise because of his injury record. 

I like ramsdale, he'd be an upgrade on pope, and I always said pope was a good upgrade on dubs, but is rather not deal with arsenal either in or out, or manure. Both clubs can get fucked the way they've went on with us. Also, think there is better value on the continent. For ramsdale money you could get Kobel, Diogo Costa or the benfica lad. Not sure how the valencis keeper compares, but again, rather go for him simply down to costs and who were dealing with.  

Arsenal want Bruno and isak. I don't want to open that door with any temptation of their cast offs as make weights or even a loss leader to get us at the table. We should be telling everyone who needs to know, whatever happens this summer, no players will be going to or from manure or arsenal. If an agent desperately wants to move his man on, it's elsewhere or full upfront money on any release clauses.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I like ramsdale, he'd be an upgrade on pope, and I always said pope was a good upgrade on dubs, but is rather not deal with arsenal either in or out, or manure. Both clubs can get fucked the way they've went on with us. Also, think there is better value on the continent. For ramsdale money you could get Kobel, Diogo Costa or the benfica lad. Not sure how the valencis keeper compares, but again, rather go for him simply down to costs and who were dealing with.  

Arsenal want Bruno and isak. I don't want to open that door with any temptation of their cast offs as make weights or even a loss leader to get us at the table. We should be telling everyone who needs to know, whatever happens this summer, no players will be going to or from manure or arsenal. If an agent desperately wants to move his man on, it's elsewhere or full upfront money on any release clauses.

Ramsdale linked in the Independent today in addition to Hope.

Ramsdale is a pretty vanilla signing but better Pope and Ramsdale than Pope and Dubravka. Of course we'd all prefer a sexier Georgian keeper currently playing for Valencia, but hey.

Isn’t Ramsdale on massive wages at Arsenal?  Surely that would be a problem?  He would also expect to be first choice otherwise what is the point in leaving Arsenal.  If he is first choice then will Pope want to leave?

I guess it is an easy rumour because Eddie signed him at Bournemouth but as others have said, I would rather not deal with Arsenal at all.

13 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Hope on Tosin and Kelly:

Why don't players pay their agent ?

Just a hunch but don’t think we’ll sign Tosin and Kelly, think we’ll get one of the Sporting defenders Diomande or Inacio who we’ve scouted for a long time.

Also don’t see Ramsdale signing, if they’re spending that kind of money on a keeper it’ll be the lad from Valencia.

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Just a hunch but don’t think we’ll sign Tosin and Kelly, think we’ll get one of the Sporting defenders Diomande or Inacio who we’ve scouted for a long time.

Also don’t see Ramsdale signing, if they’re spending that kind of money on a keeper it’ll be the lad from Valencia.

I think the opposite :lol:

signing those on free transfers is such a no brainer, you improve the squad with proven premier league quality which hopefully Eddie can coach to become champions league quality. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t matter they were free and can be loaned or sold. 

The lads you mentioned are much higher risk. 

If Ramsdale wasn't going to cost us circa £60M then I'd be much happier about the thought of him signing. As it stands I'd be disappointed going for him at that price over just keeping Pope or going for Mamardashvili.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

signing those on free transfers is such a no brainer, you improve the squad with proven premier league quality which hopefully Eddie can coach to become champions league quality. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t matter they were free and can be loaned or sold. 

I agree and the fact they are both free and cover three positions between them it's an obvious thing to do.

I actually think maybe it's stereotyping Freedman already but I could easily see us looking less in the foreign market this summer if indeed he does come in when this season comes to a close. I'm sensing at least one Championship signing if he starts during this window.

51 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

If Ramsdale wasn't going to cost us circa £60M then I'd be much happier about the thought of him signing. As it stands I'd be disappointed going for him at that price over just keeping Pope or going for Mamardashvili.

Even if Pope is a really good keeper he is so bad with his feet so we just have to upgrade I think. Hope we can do something here.

49 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I agree and the fact they are both free and cover three positions between them it's an obvious thing to do.

I actually think maybe it's stereotyping Freedman already but I could easily see us looking less in the foreign market this summer if indeed he does come in when this season comes to a close. I'm sensing at least one Championship signing if he starts during this window.

It would be no suprise if he is Howes favorite 😜 

Upgrading the keeper will happen at some stage and if the right player became available this summer then maybe but I think there are more urgent areas this summer in terms of transfer outlay. 

I think Ramsdale would be excellent but as others have said he’s only serious money at Arsenal and the transfer fee would be massive. 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I can't see anyone spending more than 20-30 million on Ramsdale. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Tosin and Kelly just seem perfect this summer. Patches up the Lascelles & Botman injuries this season, frees us up a bit for FFP this summer and replaces Schar & Burn ready for 25/6. 

I'd be happy for us to wait until next summer for the "big" CB signing to partner Botman if we get those two.