NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing the Play-Off Final could be a big moment as to whether we get a fee for Fraser and get him off the books completely, or end up having to loan him out again and pay a chunk of his wages until his contract expires? Could be worth £8-10m to us in fees and not having to pay his wages if Southampton go up.

Plus we're supposedly keeping close tabs on Leeds players should they not go up. Every reason to be supporting Southampton.

That's an interesting insight from Waugh. I do hope we haven't ruled out signing players who are shit and old, however. 

1 minute ago, ATB said:

Sounds awesome. Really suprised we didnt do that last year.

Isn't that exactly what we did last year?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Isn't that exactly what we did last year?

The way I read that Waugh thing is that we are probably more likely to add more than one like Tonali, Isak, Bruno or that kind of quality for example, and then go for cheaper young players that have a lot of potential. Instead of as ready/expensive as Tino and Hall. Might be only me but I thought it was quite obvious what he meant. I could be wrong. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

The way I read that Waugh thing is that we are probably more likely to add more than one like Tonali, Isak, Bruno or that kind of quality for example, and then go for cheaper young players that have a lot of potential. Instead of as ready/expensive as Tino and Hall. Might be only me but I thought it was quite obvious what he meant. I could be wrong. 

I think last summer's business fits that model though. Tonali and Barnes (ready-made quality) = ~£90-100m / Tino and Hall (cheaper with high potential) = ~£50-60m. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think last summer's business fits that model though. Tonali and Barnes (ready-made quality) = ~£90-100m / Tino and Hall (cheaper with high potential) = ~£50-60m. 

Aye not a massive difference really. I just think when it comes to young players we will be looking for more than two but slightly cheaper. Then maybe add an extra purple instead on top of what we could afford otherwise. Perhaps 2 transformational players and more youngsters in the mould of Cozier-Duberry just to name one link. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Whilst I do agree with you, I can see why the fees paid for Hall and Livramento would have people think they are/should be closer to the first team than what is described.

Minteh is probably a better example along with the South Americans we are linked to every window.

I think best realistic case scenario summer is an outlay of c£150m, with us recouping £40m/£50m through a few sales. 

Still think we’re looking at something along the lines of:

Marmalade-vili, Tosin, Kelly, RW (MGW), young RW (Rowe?) Striker.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing the Play-Off Final could be a big moment as to whether we get a fee for Fraser and get him off the books completely, or end up having to loan him out again and pay a chunk of his wages until his contract expires? Could be worth £8-10m to us in fees and not having to pay his wages if Southampton go up.

Personally I think they are more likely to sign him if they don't go up. In the past he's shown he can get unsettled when not first choice but he's not really good enough at the top level. If they get promoted I think they'll say thanks for your service and send him back, looking for younger players (e.g.Whittaker) or abroad. If they lose he's shown he's a cheap option who is good enough to help them with a promotion push.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Do we have any clues if any sort of mandatory transfer is included in the loan?

No idea, I just reckon for a newly promoted side, £6m or so would be a cheap pick-up. I know his wages here are pretty high, but given this could be his last chance of a secure contract since he's 30 now, he might be prepared to drop to around £30-40k a week to get a 2-3 year deal. 

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Pleasant surprise to open a link like that and not be met with AIDS for the eyes. The Chronicle could learn a thing or two

Get those two in early and then you would hope our focus is spend heavily on 2 right wingers, one top drawer and one quality understudy (unless we're planning on utilising Minteh for the latter).

Then wait to see who snaps up our cast-offs and play the market as it comes.

Tosin - Kelly FREE

Dabast - Caqueret - Minteh as Young signings 

GK - Olise - CF as big signings 

Wilson/Miggy/Target/Dubravka/Ritchie/Dummett et al sold/released 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Linked with James Trafford on Twitter, but not sure who the original source is.

Alan Nixon is the original source

Has a lot of potential but had a stinker of a year. 

Probably not helped out by Kompany sticking to his high line and getting regularly played through