NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Give the recent links to Ramsdale, Mamardashvili and Trafford, it seems a keeper is high up the agenda.

Can't remember if it was someone here or on Twitter put it in a way that made sense to me. Given what happened with Pope's shoulder this season Howe is likely unwilling to risk being derailed for another long period by relying on Pope's shoulder. Could be wrong but I don't think this is the first issue he has had with it. 

With hopefully a long conference league campaign, + going far in the fa and league cups, there should be plenty of game time for 2 quality keepers. 

Just now, alexf said:

With hopefully a long conference league campaign, + going far in the fa and league cups, there should be plenty of game time for 2 quality keepers. 

Probably Howe it’s being sold to Neek. Coming back from a repeat long term injury and all. 

I don't really think you can adequately judge a keeper's passing and sweeping absent the context of their team's style and players. I think we'd buy Mamardashvili because we think he'd be capable of whatever we need from the position, but more because you don't often see keepers available who are this young, this big, and this capable who have already proven themselves in an elite league. The timing isn't ideal but this would be an opportunistic move and I like the way we act when given an opportunity.

I'm going to say Marmaduke's a bit like Nick Pope [big, good shot stopper, deals with crosses], but presumably a bit more comfortable with the ball at his feet (he can hardly be worse), and probably not as proactive at rushing out to clear (very few are).

I don't know that he transforms the way we play, but given his age could be a very good keeper for a long time.

Anyway, that's my assessment based on never having seen him play.

20 minutes ago, BermyToon said:

So if we get a new keeper, who's gonna be first choice? Pope, or the new signing?

Performance dependent I imagine/hope (including pulling up trees in training!) 

4 hours ago, Toon1892 said:

I want a pathway to a pl first team too. If no one else offered me a contract it still doesn’t mean I’m going to be good.

Think the insinuation was that Man City weren't looking to have him leave. It was his decision.

If we are looking at a keeper, which seems the case, I think it goes to show that what Howe says in public is largely bullshit. He was very complimentary about Dubravka post match at Brentford, but like all of us, he's clearly seen he's not good enough.

The more I think about it... its quite obvious that we need another keeper. The only difference is that it seems we aren't content is merely looking for a cozy no2 to sit behind Pope but someone to push him all the way.

Pizza Rob is saying Kelly is done. The club do want Olise and a decent back up keeper. 

Can’t decide wether this lad is legit or he’s just riffing with what everyone is saying with this one.

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

Pizza Rob is saying Kelly is done. The club do want Olise and a decent back up keeper. 

Can’t decide wether this lad is legit or he’s just riffing with what everyone is saying with this one.

He got a couple of things right, been wrong for a while though I think.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He got a couple of things right, been wrong for a while though I think.

Fair enough. It wasn’t exactly breaking news - I think most people could have guessed that Kelly was agreed with the Howe link etc.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

He definitely had a source early doors, his info was too early and too specific to be made up, but he's become more questionable with time.

Kind of suggests he no longer has said source or he also adds other bits in for that sweet, sweet attention.

Edited by The Prophet

Posted (edited)

Or maybe the club have got wise and are feeding him fake info. They let him have some unimportant real stuff to give him credibility so he can pass on fake info convincingly. They're Juan Pujol García-ing him!

Edited by Checko

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Your hatred of all ITKs is going to be a highlight of this window.

I’m on a mission to see them all fall from grace. 

And I quit my job last week so I have a lot of free time to do so 

39 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Had a lot of info last summer. The Livra deal was a little bit difficult, and he had some of the details quite spot on if I remember right. If the Kelly deal is done we will hear about it in short time.

28 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I’m on a mission to see them all fall from grace. 

And I quit my job last week so I have a lot of free time to do so 

Jurgen27

37 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

He’s full of shit

I'm backing Pizza Rob, and if I was you I'd be more worried why he's not announced the Tosin deal is done Jumpin' gun Jack. :pow: