NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Slim said:

Next week be Munich.

But also why would he buy a house in Saudi instead of rent?

Loads living in Bahrain and Dubai. KSA not happy with it but willing to accept it begrudgingly.

He’s been a great captain for us, which goes without saying. This is where my worry is. There’s no one currently who seems to have as much impact on the team as he does in that area. 

3 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

He’s been a great captain for us, which goes without saying. This is where my worry is. There’s no one currently who seems to have as much impact on the team as he does in that area. 

Somebody will always step up to fill the void. 

IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.8856a9e91a68552c5f8ea0092a887410.jpeg

Looking at Tripps last season, I reckon he's on the fade, best time to sell IMO, great player for us though and for me I'd put him in the same category as Woodgate as great defenders for us.

Posted (edited)

Love what Trippier has done for us but if we can get 15 million for him we should be accepting it . A lot of signs defensively last season that he is past his best and Tino is surely going to be our first choice next season. Only issue is his leadership would be hugely missed.

Edited by Geogaddi

28 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Somebody will always step up to fill the void. 

IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.8856a9e91a68552c5f8ea0092a887410.jpeg

He'd make a class captain. Be enough to keep him for a few years as well. 

Posted (edited)

£15m? Ding ding ding. All things considered, it can't be sniffed at.

With no European football, him or Livramento would be privately upset at the lack of game time next season.

Edited by 80

Posted (edited)

I'm a lot more open to Trippier going now I think. 

I love him, but he appears to have taken a bit more of a back seat, his form hasn't been brilliant, despite his brilliant output we haven't struggled to score without him, and Tino while not being at Trippier's level yet, really needs to be starting now to progress. I'd keep him if it was possible, but it might be something that just needs to happen. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

If Trippier going means we can make Bruno the “on field” captain when Lascelles isn’t playing then it’s a sacrifice worth making imo. 

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I'd be happy with a Burn/Bruno combo as the captaincy team with the likes of Tonali, Schar & Joelinton being leader figures too. 

13 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

If we‘re having players winding down their careers here I’d rather have winners. @Kid Icarus The squad lacks a genuine winning mentality, and having players around that never had the talent and/or proclivity to do anything other than pick up their wages the second a modicum of ambition was injected is a barrier to cultivating that.

Did you mean to tag me here?

29 minutes ago, NSG said:

If Trippier going means we can make Bruno the “on field” captain when Lascelles isn’t playing then it’s a sacrifice worth making imo. 

Always got away with nailed on yellows when I was captain, albeit about 11 leagues lower :lol: 

Possibly another reason to make him captain. 

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

His Mam is a professional arsehole, I mean agent. Constant problems and noise.

I bet mad dog would still have a go at taming her, 😂

must be planning on bringing a few in now they have confirmed ritchie and dummett are leaving (and karius), rather than keeping them around for numbers 

Speaking of agent mams, was racking me brain trying to remember this one the other day: who was that German lad we were linked with in the Ashley years whose agent-mam was the image of a German heavy metal tart? Double barrelled name, I think?

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

3 spots have opened up on the squad list now. Does Anderson class as over 21 now so might fill one of them?

Ashby as well, although imagine he'll be straight back out on loan.

He's 34 in September, one of our biggest earners, and we have Tino and Hall primed to take on starting roles RB/LB, so whilst he should go down as one of if not our best ever defenders, and one of our best ever signings, for 15m would wish him well and move him on. 

8 minutes ago, enthusiast said:

Speaking of agent mams, was racking me brain trying to remember this one the other day: who was that German lad we were linked with in the Ashley years whose agent-mam was the image of a German heavy metal tart? Double barrelled name, I think?

Lasogga?

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

3 spots have opened up on the squad list now. Does Anderson class as over 21 now so might fill one of them?

Tonali will be one

Posted (edited)

I’m not sold on Bruno as captain, he could be great but equally he is always on a bit of a knife edge between passion and going too far. He is right on the sweet spot right now to that regard so giving him the captaincy is a risk.

notable that the captain armband has pretty much been around everyone except him this season.

Edited by James

Just now, James said:

I’m not sold on Brunon as captain, he could be great but equally he is always on a bit of a knife edge between passion and going too far. He is right on the sweet spot right now to that regard so giving him the captaincy is a risk.

notable that the captain armband has pretty much been around everyone except him this season.

I'll see your knife edge and raise you a million games without getting booked to avoid suspension last season.