NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Checko said:

Figured the Big Mama deal was already dead from our end. Went quite a while ago & wasn't there something saying he only wanted to move to a team in Europe?

The more reliable Spanish journos had said we'd discussed a price, but not made a bid. I assume we'd made an enquiry, probably similar to Ramsdale and Trafford to assess our next move. Losing out on Tosin may have even changed things too.

Unless we sell, I doubt we'll do much until July anyway.

46 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The more reliable Spanish journos had said we'd discussed a price, but not made a bid. I assume we'd made an enquiry, probably similar to Ramsdale and Trafford to assess our next move. Losing out on Tosin may have even changed things too.

Unless we sell, I doubt we'll do much until July anyway.

Only way we’re doing anything pre-1st July is if it’s a free (Kelly), sale (Mig, Wilson, Tripps) or Bruno’s release clause gets triggered.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Jack in the mud.

Why not, they only signed 2 keepers last summer for a combined £40m, on 7 year contracts. Plus they’ve got a keeper they spent £70m on still on their books.

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Why not, they only signed 2 keepers last summer for a combined £40m, on 7 year contracts. Plus they’ve got a keeper they spent £70m on still on their books.

Literally the whole of the football world needs to refuse to buy any Chelsea players and let them in implode.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Makes sense, Hall's the future and shold be the present IMO. Feels like Targett's the sort of lad who'd want to play.

He's been unlucky with injuries - lost his place with a dead leg for a couple of games. Burn came in at LB and we basically didn't concede any goals so he stayed in. Targett didn't do anything wrong to lose his place IIRC.

In football manager terms he's a guy who gets 13s in most key stats, not amazing at anything necessarily, but no real weaknesses and comfortable on the ball. Definitely a solid premier league fullback when fit.

When fit's the key - he's obviously had a few troubles last 18 months. He hasn't been particularly injury prone for most of his career though. One bad hamstring in 16/17, apart from that nothing over month until December 22. I wonder if the lack of first team football means he's not been at his most physically resilient.

I hope he gets himself a starting job, he's a solid player and handled losing his place very professionally as far as I can tell.

What do we reckon for a fee? £5-6 million? He'd probably be decent value to a side that needs a PL fullback in that range. Wonder if Southampton might want him back.

Edited by Checko

I doubt anyone buys him due to his lack of playing time and fitness. Maybe a loan with an option to buy could happen.

Who do the promoted teams have at left back? Any of them looking to upgrade from the championship? Can’t see him going to a premier league team unless it’s one of those really 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Who do the promoted teams have at left back? Any of them looking to upgrade from the championship? Can’t see him going to a premier league team unless it’s one of those really 

If Murillo is sold I wonder if Forest would see as a solid low cost option.

Realistically we'd want whatever amount is still his outstanding value in FFP. We wouldn't want to book him as a loss and reduce our flexibility.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Ipswich have Leif Davis and he’ll prob be their no1 going into 24/25. Leicester have used a mix of Callum Doyle, Wout Faes and James Justin but don’t see them going for Targett. If any one of them does I think Southampton would be most likely. He came through their academy and maybe a loan or cheapish deal may appeal to them. 

1 minute ago, UpTheToon said:

There’s been the odd link to this fella?

Linked by Toon fans only I think. But looked promising, hopefully makes a full recovery. 

7 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Heard we made an enquiry for him and his knee immediately exploded 

Scalvini: "You know, I've been having some pain in my knee"

Our medical team: "Let's have a look at that for you"

a0686af5-822b-4b86-964f-db6203ea8715_tex

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

“Juventus are happily selling off most of their talented youngsters so they can give inflated contracts to veterans” sounds just a tad completely made up.

52 minutes ago, SteV said:

“Juventus are happily selling off most of their talented youngsters so they can give inflated contracts to veterans” sounds just a tad completely made up.

If it was Milan understandable but aye

1 hour ago, SteV said:

You'd be surprised. That's probably what they're going to do.

26 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

You'd be surprised. That's probably what they're going to do.

Completely made up probably a bit strong. A one-sided interpretation of the situation probably a closer description.

Im pretty sure Boehly reads the gossip column on BBC sport every morning and Chelsea’s transfer policy is based entirely around it. 

Newcastle through agent Marian Khadour and the club's ownership/management have offered €41M to @valenciacf for Mamardasvhili 📈

The English club has been raising the offer and now the ball is in Peter Lim's court