NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not for sale! If any club wants him then it has to be ludicrous money. 180m+ and I’d be as ok as it’s possible to be even though it would suck in many ways. Mostly depends on how we would decide to spend that money though…..

Scot Wilson (I know, I know) claims we'd demand £200 million plus.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Not at all surprised. 

That's the right response for any discussion to sell to any rival in the league.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Love it. The right way to go. Either we keep him which is the best option or we sell for an obscene amount that is “understandable”. 

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Huge risk, we need to sign a great striker to change our destiny.

I don't disagree - having the reserves of cash is one thing, but spending in a way that replaces the void that would be left is an entirely separate challenge

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Quite probably aye. Let’s hope so anyway

Isak going nowhere. Stake my house on it. People need to chill. Just the product of modern day social media.

To sign a striker at the very least as good as Isak would cost around the fee we get for him and that kind of striker will not want to come here, especially as long as we're not in the CL.

Complete non starter regardless.

1 minute ago, NSG said:

£200m plus Palmer.

Add Tosin in for the laughs. :lol:

Three seasons back, this would have been team-changing. Now, we are however quoted higher for any players we want (cos Newcastle) and having 200m more will only prompt clubs to raise their asking prices especially we would only have an injury-prone Wilson left.

Plus I would like to keep our core players like Isak, Bruno and Gordan if we are to become a force in future.

Quite liked the idea of having to 2nd ir 3rd best striker in the world. 

200m in our back pocket would be robbed pretty quickly.

And finally, my hope is that this is agent posturing during salary negotiations. 

The fact football is now more a conversation about PSR and Related Party Transactions and other absurdly invented / crafted "sustainability" measures is absolutely boring and appalling. Fuck clean off. 

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I'd bite at 200m, until I realized Chelsea would be spreading the payments over 200 years. 

As far as FFP is concerned we'd have all the money now and could spread it over long contracts ourselves meaning we'd basically have zero FFP limits.

Chelsea are the absolute epitome of everything that's wrong with football nowadays. They need swiftly sending into orbit!

Yank coming in and throwing money at things until it works out, it's the American method of operation. 

Not saying we would or should sell Isak, but if it were to happen for say 180 million. Who could we even sign at a similar age or younger than Isak who could also score 20 in the premier league? 

And also as other mentioned this player would have to be willing to play a year with no European football.

27 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Not saying we would or should sell Isak, but if it were to happen for say 180 million. Who could we even sign at a similar age or younger than Isak who could also score 20 in the premier league? 

And also as other mentioned this player would have to be willing to play a year with no European football.

Strikers like Gyokeres and Evanilson would come into play I'd imagine.

Impossible to say if they'd come in and score 20 straight away.

If we want a guaranteed performer in the Prem, would probably bring back Toney.

Hopefully we just keep Isak though.

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

I’d love Bellingham, I’ve never seen him play but if would wind the mackems up no end.

Think Rigg would wind them up even more fingers crossed.