NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I was just thinking, as we are moving to squad cost the season after next it takes away the 3 year rolling period (if I’m not wrong). 

Now I’m no accountant but if I’m not mistaken this effectively nerfs selling players for FFP purposes. Because you get the sale proceeds in one financial year but you can’t go out and spend all of the proceedings in one year as you will suffer in your amortisation costs in the following years, so unless you’ve grown your revenue to offset the additional costs you have to sell again. 

if my understanding is correct. 

UEFA’s version recognizes that player sales are unpredictable / lumpy, so it calls for an average over a three year period. I assume a PL version would be done in the same way.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

These kind of signings excite me a lot. 

Will you be as excited next summer when we sell him for 40m to Liverpool after a good loan spell on the continent? :lol: 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Will you be as excited next summer when we sell him for 40m to Liverpool after a good loan spell on the continent? :lol: 

Maybe not, fuck knows what will happen :lol: 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Has he 😂? Anyone we know ?

Was it Penn something? Then he got rumbled, deleted his account and made a new one with the name IMTTS. Someone realised the second account stood for ‘is mightier than the sword”, once he got found out that second time I think he just quit all together.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Was it Penn something? Then he got rumbled, deleted his account and made a new one with the name IMTTS. Someone realised the second account stood for ‘is mightier than the sword”, once he got found out that second time I think he just quit all together.

Not sure, there’s been so many Mapou Yanga-Mbiwas on here. You might be right. 

In the last few hours Newcastle and Milan have had contact to talk about Malick Thiaw.

The German footballer is one of the profiles appreciated by the English club, which aims to strengthen the department with a central defender.

There was no discussion of Fikayo Tomori.

In the dialogues between the parties, the situation of Kieran Trippier was also taken into consideration but at the moment the topic is not progressing.

Newcastle need to sell by June 30 for financial fair play reasons.

when you open the chronicle website to read their drivel.. it’s easier trying to close the adverts on a dodgy footy stream. unreadable .. 

1 minute ago, Dandy Man said:

Mad how we are still seemingly keen to do business with Milan tbh

conspiracy theory… we got some proof of their knowledge of the Tonali’s issues and gentlemen’s agreement we won’t pursue it but they’ll  knock off a certain amount on a different transfer. 

(I don’t believe this but it does seem weird to me too)

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In the last few hours Newcastle and Milan have had contact to talk about Malick Thiaw.

The German footballer is one of the profiles appreciated by the English club, which aims to strengthen the department with a central defender.

There was no discussion of Fikayo Tomori.

In the dialogues between the parties, the situation of Kieran Trippier was also taken into consideration but at the moment the topic is not progressing.

Newcastle need to sell by June 30 for financial fair play reasons.

He good?