NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Off to Barca isn't he?

Yup. Apparently La Liga Chief Lizard Officer Javier Tebas (licking his lips…) has said they’ve cleared the PSR headroom to get him after all the registration related drama of previous years.

He’s had a very poor season by all accounts. Think he received 2 red cards in the CL as well.

Would fit in to our transfer strategy of buying players when their reputations have taken a hit; it was only last year when Benfica slapped a 100m euro price tag on him. You could probably get him for half that now. Risky but could have a huge payoff if last season’s form was just a blip.

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s had a very poor season by all accounts. Think he received 2 red cards in the CL as well.

Would fit in to our transfer strategy of buying players when their reputations have taken a hit; it was only last year when Benfica slapped a 100m euro price tag on him. You could probably get him for half that now. Risky but could have a huge payoff if last season’s form was just a blip.

If we are in for him then this will work in our favour. Probably the only way we would get a player like him when his stock is low, same way we managed to get Isak.

49 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Twitter ITKs mentioning Antonio Silva from Benfica 

I'm curious does anyone know how he has performed of late? Sure not so long ago he was the most hyped / expensive young CB out there

I think Silva and Diomande are 2 still to watch been scouted for a prolonged period of time by the club and wouldn’t be surprised if all this Thiaw talk is a smokescreen, though I do think he would be a good signing as well.

Edited by Whitley mag

From the Douglas article:

i has been told that recruitment meetings will be held in Germany this week with Newcastle, fresh from their Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) fire sale, armed with a substantial budget to bring in the right forward, striker and centre-back that represent an absolute minimum for them this summer

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hmm, just checked Transfermarkt and his main position is on the right. Was that where he was when they played in the premier league? I remember him on the left but maybe I’m misremembering 

Liked him from his first season in the Prem with Leeds when he mostly played on the left, and was good again for them in the Championship playing mostly on the right, as he can still go either way (cutting inside or going on the outside), being good with both feet.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Shit source but:

From that 'tweet' he would be in the mould of the young versatile striker we are apparently after, which would be a really good fit I think.

Decent amount of experience in both the Prem and the Championship now, and so can still be effective as a threat when brought into the team in any position across the front three.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hmm, just checked Transfermarkt and his main position is on the right. Was that where he was when they played in the premier league? I remember him on the left but maybe I’m misremembering 

He looked brilliant when he started playing for Dorty Leeds then seemed to fade. Not the usual height Wor Edward goes for.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Liked him from his first season in the Prem with Leeds when he mostly played on the left, and was good again for them in the Championship playing mostly on the right, as he can still go either way (cutting inside or going on the outside), being good with both feet.

He was brilliant for Leeds in the prem, not seen much of him last season. Not sure he’s the top RW we need, but I wouldn’t be unhappy with his signing.

Gnonto makes sense as he can play up front but also on the wing. Not just a pure backup to Isak, which is the issue with keeping Wilson.

Young enough where he'll be alright with not being first choice too.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Never been convinced by Gnonto tbh,  always seemed more of a little pest than much else. I think he's an ok player, just not really struck me as being CL quality which is what I think we should be going for. I suppose you could argue that he's still only 20 and he might have room to grow, but think it would mostly be muscle mass than much else.

Just now, TRon said:

Never been convinced by Gnonto tbh,  always seemed more of a little pest than much else. I think he's an ok player, just not really struck me as being CL quality which is what I think we should be going for. I suppose you could argue that he's still only 20 and he might have room to grow, but think it would mostly be muscle mass than much else.

Think you need to watch more of him tbh.

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

From the Douglas article:

i has been told that recruitment meetings will be held in Germany this week with Newcastle, fresh from their Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) fire sale, armed with a substantial budget to bring in the right forward, striker and centre-back that represent an absolute minimum for them this summer

Always find these 'recruitment meetings a later date' hard to believe, people have said it in the past, said they would do it at Alnwick last weekend, and now this week in Germany 

Surely our club is prompt and proactive with recruitment, and I'm sure they can manage meetings via teams etc, not just waiting 4/5 weeks into the transfer window where many opportunities could now be unavailable