NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I’m not really fussed about a striker. Rather play the long game with that since we don’t have Europe. If there’s someone we’ve got an eye on and it’s a no this summer but possibility next summer, just wait.

RW / CB are the musts this window, of starting quality. Then opportunist CM if one becomes available.  

14 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I’m not really fussed about a striker. Rather play the long game with that since we don’t have Europe. If there’s someone we’ve got an eye on and it’s a no this summer but possibility next summer, just wait.

RW / CB are the musts this window, of starting quality. Then opportunist CM if one becomes available.  

Cannot stress how much I disagree on this - we must not and cannot run Isak into the ground.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Cannot stress how much I disagree on this - we must not and cannot run Isak into the ground.

I think even if we could sign a 3rd option (assuming Wilson stays) to manage Isak’s minutes, that would be ideal 

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Agreed, Isak is yet to show he is relisiant across a whole season, he also seems to be knackered around 60 mins every game 

Would be mental to go in with just him and Wilson imo, though Wilson injury probably fucks any chance of selling him, so we may have no choice 

24 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Another striker is absolutely essential. Can’t rely on Wilson and Isak often picks up injuries. If we’re playing Gordon up top for a significant period of time then we’re not making Europe. 

3 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Agreed, Isak is yet to show he is relisiant across a whole season, he also seems to be knackered around 60 mins every game 

Would be mental to go in with just him and Wilson imo, though Wilson injury probably fucks any chance of selling him, so we may have no choice 

Yeah the Wilson injury is definitely a spanner in the works. Teams potentially looking at signing him probs swayed away from the signing now 🤷‍♂️ 

Agree with others tho we definitely need another option. Isak does pick up injuries, Wilson cannot be relied on. We can’t have a situation where Gordon is being used as makeshift striker again. 

24 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah the Wilson injury is definitely a spanner in the works. Teams potentially looking at signing him probs swayed away from the signing now 🤷‍♂️ 

Agree with others tho we definitely need another option. Isak does pick up injuries, Wilson cannot be relied on. We can’t have a situation where Gordon is being used as makeshift striker again. 

If Wilson stays, then I guess it rules out a big money strikers. That said, hopefully they see the need for cover and are sourcing a young cheap (ish) option to join the first team squad. Or another proven striker at twilight of career. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

5 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

If Wilson stays, then I guess it rules out a big money strokes. That said, hopefully they see the need for cover and are sourcing a young cheap (ish) option to join the first team squad. Or another proven striker at twilight of career. 

I’d rather go for young and act as young understudy to the two of them

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Looks like there was something posted on the Villa forum on Thursday but the image isn’t showing now, so assume it was a now deleted tweet or something?

Almost certainly bollocks then.

I'm sure Howe said he would like all our business done early in the window. No thought for us fans who are screaming for a top signing so we can take the piss out of the mackems. Inconsiderate bastards the lot of them. Get Arry in. 

Please don't pile on me, it's a joke, I'm bored.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

My hunch is that PSR is really clipping our wings. And we don’t have the budget to get a lot of players we really like. Unless we move some players on.  

I think we’ll get the Thiaw deal done mind. 

I posted my best attempt at where we are in the PSR thread. I think it’s very possible we’re basically in one in, one out territory. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we'll get Thiaw and an RW if Miggy goes and I'll be pretty happy with that. Striker if Wilson leaves too. 

So if Miggy stays we just sign a CB and that's it? Would be an awful window.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we'll get Thiaw and an RW if Miggy goes and I'll be pretty happy with that. Striker if Wilson leaves too. 

We need a RW regardless of Miggy going surely. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Miggy is starting first game of the season I’ll be pretty miffed mind (I know some deals happen late in the window)

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

So if Miggy stays we just sign a CB and that's it? Would be an awful window.

We can only register 25 senior players, most squads have two wingers for each slot, unless someone wants to buy Miggy or Murphy then that's the situation we're in.

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Sorry but that’s mental. A striker who can stay fit, relieve the pressure off Isak and also come in and deputise for him at times is essential. It means Isak gets injured less, it allows us to change up our games late on and add more energy, defending from the front and we don’t end up playing Ben Parkinson up front away to Bournemouth. It’s a must. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We can only register 25 senior players, most squads have two wingers for each slot, unless someone wants to buy Miggy or Murphy then that's the situation we're in.

Some people just don’t get last few years we’ve spent hundreds of millions and cannot sell, on top of that we have a shite setup for marketing, advertising, acedemy etc. It is what it is