NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

That figure of 3.5 years is fairly specific. Where would someone have got that from? I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down if it's not true, it's been circulating for a few weeks now.

Let's not forget Eddie Howe signed a new contract last summer and the first we heard of it was Darren Eales mentioning it last month. I'm not saying that's what's happened here but there will inevitably be discrepancies between reported contract length/terms and the actual contract length/terms. Fingers crossed Gordon is one of those.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

That figure of 3.5 years is fairly specific. Where would someone have got that from? I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down if it's not true, it's been circulating for a few weeks now.

Why would we shut it down?

50 minutes ago, Paully said:

If your employer tried to get rid of you to a bigger company where you’d be on more money and it’s a company you grew up loving (!) - what would your reaction be?! He’s a Liverpool fan and only has two years left on his contract.

Hopefully his head hasn’t been turned though and he’s over it! I’d hate him to go to but especially to those wankers!

That's a big if.

I think Gordon is wise enough to understand the situation and it wasn't as straight-forward as, "The club are trying to force me out."

He'll know fine well the club are absolutely desperate to keep him and what we did was out of total desperation. I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine once the season starts.

It's pretty much a given that we haven't just offered him around without actually sitting the lad down and having a proper conversation to help him understand the situation.....right? I highly doubt we've allowed him to sit and stew over things to the point where he's flipped a desk and checked out of Newcastle.

30 minutes ago, TRon said:

It is alway x,5 years when player is signed in January window. Might as well be 5,5 years.

FFP-wise that makes no sense for us.

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

Just had a look on Transfermarket and according to that his contract expires Jun 30, 2026.

This is exactly were everyone is taking the info, even though no official info is given anywhere.

58 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I really dont trust this.

We signed him in 2023 January with a "long term deal". 3,5 half years? Why would we do that?

This is another thing I’d like us to clarify. A 3.5 year deal is crazy. All we heard at the time is ‘long term deal’.  3.5 years isn’t a long term deal. 5-6 years like we have with Isak is a long term deal. 

3.5 years for a big money signing would be comically incompetent, there’s no way it can be true. It would be proof that Ashworth is shite though.

16 minutes ago, Fak said:

I think Gordon is wise enough to understand the situation and it wasn't as straight-forward as, "The club are trying to force me out."

He'll know fine well the club are absolutely desperate to keep him and what we did was out of total desperation. I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine once the season starts.

Why would he or his agent be wise enough to understand that?

Theres bigger wages, more prestige and going home if he moves to Liverpool.  If there’s genuine interest there’s no reason for him to be loyal to us beyond what is professional 

37 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's pretty much a given that we haven't just offered him around without actually sitting the lad down and having a proper conversation to help him understand the situation.....right? I highly doubt we've allowed him to sit and stew over things to the point where he's flipped a desk and checked out of Newcastle.

No that’s not a given tbf 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Why would he or his agent be wise enough to understand that?

Theres bigger wages, more prestige and going home if he moves to Liverpool.  If there’s genuine interest there’s no reason for him to be loyal to us beyond what is professional 

We all know Newcastle are absolutely desperate to keep ahold of Gordon. It was absolutely obvious to everyone that us offering him to Liverpool was out of sheer desperation. They're wise enough to understand that. If we know it, they know it.

But that's not to say they won't use it to their advantage, they could still force a transfer through or get a new bumper deal at Newcastle. 

Me saying he'll be fine once the season start is a hunch based on the fact he seems a very switched on and level-headed kid.

17 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

3.5 years for a big money signing would be comically incompetent, there’s no way it can be true. It would be proof that Ashworth is shite though.

Yep.  Even from an amortisation point of view it would be bad news

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  Even from an amortisation point of view it would be bad news

Might be a case of Gordon would only agree to a 3.5 year deal , he comes across as very ambitious and knows where he wants to end up so might not wanted to have committed to a longer deal .

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Might be a case of Gordon would only agree to a 3.5 year deal , he comes across as very ambitious and knows where he wants to end up so might not wanted to have committed to a longer deal .

No chance.