NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

if he was told about a deal then he would know what it was?

If I were him, I'd later become convinced on whether this was the deal he was told about or not, depending on whether there is another deal or not.

12 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Imagine being a legit journalist for a football club with access to a manager and still being accused of being a shit itk coz your stories are so shit? 

20 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Nothing wrong with planning for the future but this move does virtually nothing for the next season.  We now have six right legs and one left across the front three. 

Very harsh spin like. When we need to rest Isak we bring on this lad, when we have a cup game against a small club we can start him and bring on Wilson, or vice versa. 

A third striker is what we need unless we can sell Wilson and replace him with someone good enough to make an impact but happy to sit on the bench. 

This summer so far has seemed a bit directionless. We have lost two sub owners, have a new CEO, new Head of acquisitions, sold two upcoming young players with potential, one in a position we are desperately short in. No replacements of any note incoming as of yet. Have these changes negatively impacted our immediate progress and development of the team? In hindsight, were these changes at the worst possible time for our summer budgeting? Or has the Euros been the dominating factor? 

1 minute ago, timinperu said:

This summer so far has seemed a bit directionless. We have lost two sub owners, have a new CEO, new Head of acquisitions, sold two upcoming young players with potential, one in a position we are desperately short in. No replacements of any note incoming as of yet. Have these changes negatively impacted our immediate progress and development of the team? In hindsight, were these changes at the worst possible time for our summer budgeting? Or has the Euros been the dominating factor? 

Who's direction? Yours? Why don't you apply for a job then?

5 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

We would want Wilson in this scenario.  

Not necessarily, we might be a couple of goals up and have a cup game midweek. Plenty of scenarios where he’ll play. 

7 minutes ago, timinperu said:

Are you from True Faith podcast by any chance? 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Was chatting to a Spurs fan last week, but completely forgot to post it. He basically said with Mitchell, if any deal gets too loud (i.e.Thiaw), you can usually dismiss it. He does things such as pay relatively generous agent fees to ensure things get done quickly with minimum fuss.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Was chatting to a Spurs fan last week, but completely forgot to post it. He basically said with Mitchell, if any deal gets too loud (i.e.Thiaw), you can usually dismiss it. He does things such as pay relatively generous agent fees to ensure things get done quickly with minimum fuss.

Interesting :thup:

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Proper grim, that

37 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Proper grim, that

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Proper grim, that

Most of my department work in London. It's a who's who of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United fans, with the odd Spurs or West Ham fan.

Think if we don’t see at least one main guy in by the Sela Cup I’ll start to get concerned on what’s happening behind closed doors.

We all knew from end of last season the two main areas we needed to spend money (CB / RW) and areas where we wanted to increase quality in depth if opportunities arose (GK / ST / CM). With ideally moving on a few players. So far, it’s a goalkeeper which was part of a panic PSR deal, and likely a very young raw striker. 

Fanbase need a big signing just to ease the apprehensions that things maybe are not rosey behind closed doors. 

29 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Think if we don’t see at least one main guy in by the Sela Cup I’ll start to get concerned on what’s happening behind closed doors.

We all knew from end of last season the two main areas we needed to spend money (CB / RW) and areas where we wanted to increase quality in depth if opportunities arose (GK / ST / CM). With ideally moving on a few players. So far, it’s a goalkeeper which was part of a panic PSR deal, and likely a very young raw striker. 

Fanbase need a big signing just to ease the apprehensions that things maybe are not rosey behind closed doors. 

I don't think there's any reason to think there's some big problem behind the scenes. Some things may have been delayed or re-evaluated with Mitchell coming in, but the main issue is that we likely just don't have a lot of money to spend and we really need outgoings.

Eddie has said himself he’s in daily meetings to discuss transfers. I think this window is about patience and waiting for opportune moments/deals and perform due diligence. Last thing we want is another Tonali situation.

8 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Eddie has said himself he’s in daily meetings to discuss transfers. I think this window is about patience and waiting for opportune moments/deals and perform due diligence. Last thing we want is another Tonali situation.

Impossible to foresee the Tonali incident, in my opinion.

We will never buy a player again if that paranoia sets in😅

2 hours ago, timinperu said:

Right, listen up.  We finished 7th last season.  With ALL of our players available I honestly think we were pushing for fourth.

Let me explain.  Pope in goal in all the games is another 6/7 points.  Injuries to Isak, Wilson, Willock, Barnes, Botman, Lascelles, Anderson and also the Tonali ban, cost us another 5/6 points.

We would have comfortably finished in a Champions league spot.

We WILL recruit in the right areas.  I'm serious when I say this, but Newcastle will push Man City and Arsenal all the way.

Edited by Rod