NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Murphy would start if we keep the same RW options. 

Hes still not near good enough either, fine as a squad player. I don’t think we get top four without a new starting RW.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I can understand if we weren’t going to bring in a brand new expensive striker but I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have the funds for two starters. (And I still think some players will go out if needs be too)

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, gdm said:

I can believe it also but how does it then tie in with Olise apparently being our no 1 target and we enquired/had discussions/bid for him? Was that just a load of bollocks? Or did we expect Almiron to be away by now?

Was that before Tosin turned us down ?

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I can understand if we weren’t going to bring in a brand new expensive striker but I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have the funds for two starters. (And I still think some players will go out if needs be too)

Yeah, I think we do have the money for CB and RW if we can find the right one. And I do think Miggy will leave. 

I know I know we had to sell Minteh for PSR reasons and I know everyone is sick hearing about him but if we don’t bring in a winger and he kicks on at Brighton it’s gonna be a sore one

Just now, gdm said:

I know I know we had to sell Minteh for PSR reasons and I know everyone is sick hearing about him but if we don’t bring in a winger and he kicks on at Brighton it’s gonna be a sore one

When*

He kicks on.

The thing with Miggy is I think we can improve on him with a better offensive player quite easily, for quite cheap. Even if he stays on.

I'm seeing Rowe from Norwich and Whittaker from Plymouth Argyle being available for around £10 million. Their wages will be low too. Both looked really good in the Championship last season.

They are both young enough to then be backups in future, if they don't hit a high enough level, when we get round to shifting either Miggy or Murphy or both, and can then get a top right winger in.

Or is this not a smart way to go about things?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The thing with Miggy is I think we can improve on him with a better offensive player quite easily, for quite cheap. Even if he stays on.

I'm seeing Rowe from Norwich and Whittaker from Plymouth Argyle being available for around £10 million. Their wages will be low too. Both looked really good in the Championship last season.

They are both young enough to then be backups in future, if they don't hit a high enough level, when we get round to shifting either Miggy or Murphy or both, and can then get a top right winger in.

Or is this not a smart way to go about things?

We need to get shot of his wages and, for PSR, any fee will be more or less heavy profit due to amortisation.

Just now, Nucasol said:

We need to get shot of his wages and, for PSR, any fee will be more or less heavy profit due to amortisation.

Yeah, but I was just thinking if he didn't want to leave or there wasn't any real interest, what other options we might have.

I think there are some cheaper right wing options in the Championship that could still improve things, but not sure if that would be manageable financially.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, but I was just thinking if he didn't want to leave or there wasn't any real interest, what other options we might have.

I think there are some cheaper right wing options in the Championship that could still improve things, but not sure if that would be manageable financially.

He doesn’t want to go, we’ll be stuck with him. Not ideal for us, not for him as he’ll become a lightning rod for fan disgruntlement if we don’t perform as expected.

I think if we don’t sign a RW it’ll be the first time I’ll be really disappointed in the club transfer wise since the takeover. 

We’ve needed an upgrade to RW for years. We’ve sold Minteh and by all accounts RW is one of key areas EH wants to strengthen yet at the same time we gave Miggy a new 3 and half year contract last year. 

im not getting in to PSR coz it’s boring but 2 reserve keepers, a free transfer, a £10m striker and albeit a good centre half would still be an underwhelming and failure of a window 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Harsh if he gets abuse for staying mind, it’s not his fault no club wants to buy him. 

Will be incredibly frustrating if Miggy and Murphy are our RWs for next season mind.

He'd be seriously fucking us over by rejecting suitors offering him a wage rise for the sake of an extra 12* months here, mind. Very serious damage to the club. Given he rejected Saudi in January, he's probably already largely responsible for us losing Minteh - the gap would've been much smaller to bridge, at least.

1 hour ago, junkhead said:

Regardless if we buy another winger, if Miggy is to stay he must get his shit together. His form annoys even Paraguay fans.

I have a feeling he needs reminding the VERY basics of the game from time to time - pass to a teammate who is free; get in a good position to receive the ball; shoot with power to score a goal.. that sort of stuff

The thing is, he's educationally subnormal. Lovely lad, but dead stupid.

*Edit: My bad, thought his contract here expired next year. Bollocks.

Edited by 80

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Starting to lose interest in this transfer window. Not the most exciting I can remember. Hopefully something happens soon.

Man city and Liverpool yet to show their hands yet

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Murphy would start if we keep the same RW options. 

I reckon it's gotten to the point in pre season now where even if we sign a new RW in the next week then it will be Murphy or Miggy starting the season at RW regardless. 

Same goes for whatever CB we sign now.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Aaw, poor little soul [emoji38]

Glad you are enjoying it. OK, I was whinging but it's been a let down until now. I used to check this thread numerous times during the day but not anymore. Not blaming the club at all but PSR has made it shite so far.