NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It doesn’t help that much as you’re just pushing the cost into the next financial period. If we sign Guehi our net spend will be -100m already. 

Net spend over what period? What we spend / bring in right now is just a fraction of the picture.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if we're trying to go big on Guehi because none of our primary right wing targets are available and we're looking at a cheaper stop gap.

If none of the RW targets we really want is available I think we'll simply go with what we've got rather than go for a cheaper stop gap. It's what we've done in the previous five transfer windows.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Those Bayern boys are on astonishing wages. Couldn't believe it when I had a look earlier this summer.

German footballers generally always on good wages. Some of the highest there is.

As with Thiaw v Guehi, you might end up buying two RW signings if you don't sign an elite one now, so may not be overall better for PSR.

I guess ideally we want the sale of Miggy though, so we might be shopping around for that. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

As with Thiaw v Guehi, you might end up buying two RW signings if you don't sign an elite one now, so may not be overall better for PSR.

Yeah, that's true.

If we go for some one that isn't elite, it would still have to be a player we think can hit a higher level in our team and setup, and perform at that kind of level down the line.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Some more reports that we are interested in Nico Gonzalez, who has been made available for £25 million, but there's serious competition from Atletico, Atalanta and Juventus. Also, the lack of European football might be an issue for us.

I wish you'd post these reports so we can read them when you come across them man. :lol:

Could do worse than asking Real Madrid if Guler is available for a season long loan with a coach known for developing players. Not ideal, but if we are at PSR limits maybe a loan is the way to go. Certainly can't go a 6th transfer window with the same RW options.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I wish you'd post these reports so we can read them when you come across them man. :lol:

https://sportsview.co.uk/2024/08/newcastle-united-have-made-enquiries-with-the-agent-of-fiorentina-winger-nico-gonzalez-over-summer-deal

https://sport.quotidiano.net/calcio/fiorentina/il-faccia-a-faccia-nico-fiorentina-oggi-il-vertice-per-dirsi-addio-3afd4321

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Could do worse than asking Real Madrid if Guler is available for a season long loan with a coach known for developing players. Not ideal, but if we are at PSR limits maybe a loan is the way to go. Certainly can't go a 6th transfer window with the same RW options.

We thought that for the last 4 windows so don't be too shocked if we go another one with Miggy and Murphy sharing duties.

33 minutes ago, TRon said:

We thought that for the last 4 windows so don't be too shocked if we go another one with Miggy and Murphy sharing duties.

I wouldn't be shocked. RW seems to be the one position they've really struggled to recruit.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

The no one's available line for RW is strange to me. No one available in world football who would be an upgrade on Miggy? Or no world class options available and willing to sign for us?

We dont need a Guler to appreciably improve at RW

Juventus initially hoped for a fee upwards of £21m, but as Chiesa enters the final year of his contract, the price could drop significantly, potentially as low as £12.8m.

Yahoo Sports.  

I don’t think we’ll go cheap on RW. The expenditure will be weighed against what the team will look like next season and what’s needed.

Say we spend £120m on Guehi and RW. Next season, we would arguably only need to sign a RB and GK, of which RB would be back up. Champions League qualification and increased revenues will enable us to sign another player, but wouldn’t be important unless someone went. Like this being squad for 24-25 is fine:

New GK / Greek Guy / Ruddy

Tino / New RB

Schar / Guehi / Botman / Murphy

Hall / Kelly

Joe / Tonali / Bruno / Willock / Longstaff / Miley

Barnes / Gordon

Isak / Osula

New RW / Murphy

That’s with sales and reduced wages in that period too of Pope / Burn / Trippier / Lewis / Targett / Wilson / Almiron. All allows us to spend big this summer and not be in such a desperate situation next summer.

9 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I don’t think we’ll go cheap on RW. The expenditure will be weighed against what the team will look like next season and what’s needed.

Say we spend £120m on Guehi and RW. Next season, we would arguably only need to sign a RB and GK, of which RB would be back up. Champions League qualification and increased revenues will enable us to sign another player, but wouldn’t be important unless someone went. Like this being squad for 24-25 is fine:

New GK / Greek Guy / Ruddy

Tino / New RB

Schar / Guehi / Botman / Murphy

Hall / Kelly

Joe / Tonali / Bruno / Willock / Longstaff / Miley

Barnes / Gordon

Isak / Osula

New RW / Murphy

That’s with sales and reduced wages in that period too of Pope / Burn / Trippier / Lewis / Targett / Wilson / Almiron. All allows us to spend big this summer and not be in such a desperate situation next summer.

I will put it the other way round

If we are able to move Pope, Burn, Trippier, Lewis, Targett, Wilson and Almiron, we can spend big on a new RW

I agree.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

I wouldn't be shocked. RW seems to be the one position they've really struggled to recruit.

Just seems to be the way the cards keep falling every time. Tbf it's probably going to be a big spend, and we always seem to have some other position which is just that much more critical.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I will put it the other way round

If we are able to move Pope, Burn, Trippier, Lewis, Targett, Wilson and Almiron, we can spend big on a new RW

I agree.

Think moving them on for a fee is more funds for next season to add quality in right areas, rather than to go towards RW. We are signing a RW for good money regardless IMO this season, and the outgoings will determine how much room we have to play with next season.