NUFC Transfer Rumours

8 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

I think Madueke would be great for us, but I genuinely can't see Chelsea loaning us him with an option to buy and thereby helping a direct rival for European football with a PSR friendly deal. I know they did with Hall, but surely they wouldn't want to do it again? Especially as they have PSR problems of their own (unless they really can just keep selling themselves assets). I can see Madueke being available, but they'd probably want a sale in this PSR period.

All the signings Chelsea made, especially the early ones on long contracts, mean that each season they really need to be selling players to satisfy PSR, which is why they were happy to do the Hall as a loan with option to buy 

I think they'd happily do the same with Madueke, just not sure what price they'd be looking at as he cost them £28.5m. From a PSR point of view I think anything above £22m will be seen as a profit but no doubt they'd probably want around £30-35m, and I'd happily pay that

I just wonder why you guys keep on hyping on Madueke. He is considered not good enough and should be sold asap from Chelsea fans last season. It may worth to take a gamble but I genuinely don’t think that’s a good take

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Wtf, are they serious [emoji38]

It’s Chelsea. It’s signing another player they don’t need. Of course they’re goddamn serious.

39 minutes ago, Zero said:

I just wonder why you guys keep on hyping on Madueke. He is considered not good enough and should be sold asap from Chelsea fans last season. It may worth to take a gamble but I genuinely don’t think that’s a good take

Well by that logic the same would apply to Salah, DeBruyne and closer to home Hall, Livramento (and Guehi if he signs)

48 minutes ago, Zero said:

IMG_5310.png.8884c4eba688f4b02fe75fce06beadb0.png

46 minutes ago, Zero said:

Chelsea FC ofcourse famously well known for their ability to see potential in younger players coming through. We have two in Tino and Hall and maybe another soon in Guehi and then you see the two most obvious examples of De Bruyne and Salah, I could go on but you see my point. Other clubs and/or their fans wanting rid of players is rarely a reason not to sign someone.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

All the signings Chelsea made, especially the early ones on long contracts, mean that each season they really need to be selling players to satisfy PSR, which is why they were happy to do the Hall as a loan with option to buy 

I think they'd happily do the same with Madueke, just not sure what price they'd be looking at as he cost them £28.5m. From a PSR point of view I think anything above £22m will be seen as a profit but no doubt they'd probably want around £30-35m, and I'd happily pay that

And the rest I think. 22 years old, attacking player, England U21 International, PL experience. Can see them asking for £50m.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

That's the opposite of what I've seen like. Most of the comments I've seen are along the lines of "why are we after Olise when we have Madueke?" and the same now they've signed Neto.

End of last season I think he changed a lot of people's minds.

What's not to like? Hes big, strong, quick, great feet, right age. He will only improve under Howe.

It may be a step too far financially though.

He’s due a breakout season and hopefully it’s with us. Bit inconsistent but he’s super talented; if he takes to Eddie’s training then I’ve no doubt he could be one of the best wingers in the league. 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And the rest I think. 22 years old, attacking player, England U21 International, PL experience. Can see them asking for £50m.

An inflated loan fee (of let’s say 10m) and an obligation to buy (let’s say for 35m) and it’s a deal that could suit both parties.

Not to drag this into another FFP discussion but there are certain benefits to the selling club of a loan-with-obligation deal.

If Chelsea think they're ok currently with the hotel sale, the women's team sale etc. then pushing some income into future years might work in their favour but giving them some cover once those shifty asset sales drop off the PSR calculations.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Why wouldn’t Chelsea do a loan with an obligation like they did with Hall? They’ve literally shown willingness to do that kind of deal with us already :lol:

Because they probably need the income for PSR this year instead of next year. They’ve already brought in for 70m more than their outgoings and they’re still looking at a main striker apparently. Also you’d like to think they’re under scrutiny for the hotel and Chelsea women team sales already, so surely their bean counters will tell them to sell rather than loan with option/obligation.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Season starting next week and we are going with pretty much the same team as year and no real improvements is not at all good planning if i am being honest.

Early days man, clubs are holding each other ransom because of PSR, Liverpool have a new coaching set up and still are yet to sign a player, I'm 100% confident we'll have a top 4 squad by the time the window shuts.

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Season starting next week and we are going with pretty much the same team as year and no real improvements is not at all good planning if i am being honest.

Very glass half empty seeing as it was entirely plausible that we'd lose one of our big hitters. And on top of that we've improved the squad in both defence and at CF.