NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, STM said:

The opposite is true IMO.

It's entirely unrealistic to expect us to sign a small upgrade on Miggy just to appease a frustrated fan base.

This is where are long term strategy is vital or we are going to end up being lumped with more players who aren't up to the standard we want to reach.

I'd rather persist with Murphy or Miggy for 12 months, if it meant that when we did sign a new RW that they were of a Tonali/Bruno standard.

It's worth remembering that as a team, attack isn't a weakness of ours.

I'm not saying that I don't want a Miggy upgrade, I just want the right upgrade and not just a upgrade.

Would it not be better to sign a madueke type who is ready now and could be a beast in a few years time? I don't think we'd get a bruno type right winger with our money troubles. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Would it not be better to sign a madueke type who is ready now and could be a beast in a few years time? I don't think we'd get a bruno type right winger with our money troubles. 

Sorry yes, Madueke would be an amazing signing. I don't think that's what's being suggested above though.

Madueke would cost us 50m. I think the working assumption is that after Guehi, we may not have that sort of money.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Sorry yes, Madueke would be an amazing signing. I don't think that's what's being suggested above though.

Madueke would cost us 50m. I think the working assumption is that after Guehi, we may not have that sort of money.

Chelsea might end up desperate to get players off the books. Especially if the Gallagher deal falls thru 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

What if the plan would be to bring in both Guehi and someone like Madueke but expecting to then sell a Bruno or Gordon later in the season (June after the season ends or January is a bid too good to refuse comes in) to remain PSR compliant whilst creating some headroom for a replacement and further strengthening next summer? That would be something I could get behind if it means we'd have a realistic shot at CL for the season after. We can't be too precious about selling players when their stock is high if we want to progress.

Edited by Unbelievable

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Madueke has all of the attributes to be at Gordon’s level.

I think his ceiling is even higher. Can see him becoming a better player if he leaves Chelsea for us. 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

What if the plan would be to bring in both Guehi and someone like Madueke but expecting to then sell a Bruno or Gordon later in the season (June after the season ends) to remain PSR compliant whilst creating some headroom for a replacement and further strengthening next summer? That would be something I could get behind if it means we'd have a realistic shot at CL for the season after. We can't be too precious about selling players when their stock is high if we want to progress.

Ah man I can't ever truly be on board with losing a Bruno or a Gordon. It's certainly not something we should look to do.

It might happen, but it should only happen when all other alternatives are exhausted IMO.

It's inevitable really but I can't ever be happy with losing our best players. I also won't kick off about it like. It is what it is.

Just now, Ikon said:

I think his ceiling is even higher. Can see him becoming a better player if he leaves Chelsea for us. 

Quite possibly, there are parts of his game that he is better than Gordon at and I like how tenacious he is when running with the ball, he tries to stay on his feet as much as possible.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Think Chelsea willingness to do a deal for 2025 books will be the key. Giving they've already offloaded some this summer and are desperate for Gallagher to go, they would likely take £35m with £5m add on's with a loan and obligation to buy (like top 13 finish) so they have at least one sale guaranteed on their 2025 books.

Would also give us flexibility to still sign someone at an opportunistic chance all way up to end of this window too. 

Madueke is the sort of player that will feed off the fans too. He's got that x factor when he picks up the ball, it would get our fans on their feet. Those sorts of players traditionally do well at SJP IMO.

Just now, STM said:

Ah man I can't ever truly be on board with losing a Bruno or a Gordon. It's certainly not something we should look to do.

It might happen, but it should only happen when all other alternatives are exhausted IMO.

It's inevitable really but I can't ever be happy with losing our best players. I also won't kick off about it like. It is what it is.

I think it's either not getting that upgrade in both CB and RW you mentioned, or sell to buy. For me in order of who I'd loath to lose most of the big three it would be 1) Isak, 2) Bruno, 3) Gordon. If Liverpool came in and offered >100m for the latter I'd accept knowing it will be re-invested into the first team and the some.

16 minutes ago, STM said:

The opposite is true IMO.

It's entirely unrealistic to expect us to sign a small upgrade on Miggy just to appease a frustrated fan base.

No disrespect to Miggy, but my point is that it won't take massive money to upgrade on him significantly.

I'm not talking a small upgrade on him at all.

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

What if the plan would be to bring in both Guehi and someone like Madueke but expecting to then sell a Bruno or Gordon later in the season (June after the season ends or January is a bid too good to refuse comes in) to remain PSR compliant whilst creating some headroom for a replacement and further strengthening next summer? That would be something I could get behind if it means we'd have a realistic shot at CL for the season after. We can't be too precious about selling players when their stock is high if we want to progress.

I would be looking at those a level below Bruno and Gordon, players that we wouldn’t want to lose this summer ideally for one reason or another like Joelinton, Willock or Barnes.

Saying that if Gordon doesn’t sign a new contract then we won’t have much choice other than to move him on.

Just now, KaKa said:

No disrespect to Miggy, but my point is that it won't take massive money to upgrade on him significantly.

I'm not talking a small upgrade on him at all.

I'm going to need names and figures here KaKa. Also you have to bare in mind that a 20/30m deal now is 20/30m we won't have in the future too.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I would be looking at those a level below Bruno and Gordon, players that we wouldn’t want to lose this summer ideally for one reason or another like Joelinton, Willock or Barnes.

Saying that if Gordon doesn’t sign a new contract then we won’t have much choice other than to move him on.

I suggested Willock as a player that could be possibly sold, but now wouldn't be the right time because his stock dropped last season.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Joelinton wouldn't fetch what he's worth to us imo. Willock and Barnes I doubt we'd turn a significant profit on, and hence wouldn't allow for the hypothetical scenario I presented of splashing over 100m this window to strengthen the first XI in RCB and RW. Of course I'd also rather sell a Barnes or a Willock than a Gordon or a Bruno, but the numbers would need to work.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm going to need names and figures here KaKa. Also you have to bare in mind that a 20/30m deal now is 20/30m we won't have in the future too.

You have to read through my original post.

My point was that if money is indeed tight, I would prefer the Guehi money be used across the 2 positions rather than only him and then no winger. Yet to be determined if this will indeed be the case, regarding no winger of course.

Just as a very quick example of players we have been linked with that have already moved. Both Huijsen who moved to Bournemouth and Soule who moved to Roma, cost a total of around £40 million.

I'm sure there are other far better examples of players out there. As we have been linked with many within a decent price range. A deal for Todibo and Gonzales is going to be around £70 million too.

Edited by KaKa

I know Graeme Bailey is despised on here but will share anyway ...

He is now saying that Chelsea are willing to sell Madueke and are just wanting their money back on him i.e. £30 million.

Says we have been following him for a while, are set to bid and Madueke is willing to join.

Deal is an absolute no brainer if that is all true.

https://tbrfootball.com/newcastle-expected-to-bid-for-50000-a-week-chelsea-player-and-he-is-willing-to-join/

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I know Graeme Bailey is despised on here but will share anyway ...

He is now saying that Chelsea are willing to sell Madueke and are just wanting their money back on him i.e. £30 million.

Says we have been following him for a while, are set to bid and Madueke is willing to join.

Deal is an absolute no brainer if that is all true.

https://tbrfootball.com/newcastle-expected-to-bid-for-50000-a-week-chelsea-player-and-he-is-willing-to-join/

We should be all over that if true. If it means not getting Guehi I'd revert to a cheaper, more unproven CB option with the potential to become a first teamer with time and coaching.

Edit:

TBR Football have been told that Chelsea are happy to sell the £50,000-a-week winger for £30m, which is the same fee the Blues spent to sign the 22-year-old from PSV Eindhoven back in January 2023.

Sources believe the Londoner is willing to join Newcastle after Chelsea signed Neto, and an approach is expected to be made by the Magpies shortly.

:fwap:

Edited by Unbelievable

Madueke has shown himself to look a bit of a twat with the penalty in-fighting stuff but Chelsea as a club have an awful culture. I feel he'd grow up a lot in this environment to make the most of his talents. Other worry with him is injuries - he picked up a lot in the Eredivisie, iirc?