NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

Just after a quick approx answer to avoid the much hated PSR talk :lol:

If we sell no one what do those who know how it works what our 24/25 budget is approximately?

I speculated we’d spend £110m net but thats without any real PSR knowledge. 

Still awaiting an answer. What’s our likely NET budget 24/25 approximately? Just after a figure.

Edited by LFEE

17 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Is he really that good? Looked decent but nothing special to me.

I have always thought he was decent when I have watched him.  

2 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

Come on dude where's your list of the £200m club, i want to call them silly tits.

Sorry mate can’t remember the names :) - there was a couple of dafties who did say it at the start of the window.  

1 hour ago, duo said:

through in a bid for Chalobah whilst we are at it

We probably would have already gone down this route by now.

However, I read earlier in the summer that when we enquired with his people, he wasn't keen on moving up north.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Won't get behind anyone called Logan unless they knock Jake Paul clean out.

9 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

I have opened a thread in which calculations were done based on the info we have available and the current view is that we can probably afford Guehi at around 60m and on wages of let's say 150k per week, but beyond that sales would be needed to fund further incomings in order to be PSR compliant. On the previous page it was suggested I should be renamed "piss on people's chips" for pointing out that we couldn't afford "more than a Madueke" to replace Almiron should he go. Another >50m player on massive wages adds another 15-20m cost, which is far more than Miggy costs us per year, so I pointed out that was highly unlikely. If you run the numbers you will find out for yourself that indeed it is. That's reality, not pessimism.

Also people should be aware that should we spend to the max of our current PSR limit, let's say that net 100m for Hall, Osula and Guehi, then we may just about be PSR compliant for 2024/25 without sales, but our cost level would be such that there would hardly be any money available to strengthen the season after bar (again) siginificant new commercial revenue or player trading income. Again, that is just the reality of NUFC at the moment. We have a very good, but also very expensive squad and overall setup for the revenue we generate. So much so that should we qualify for CL it's going to be a pretty hard ask to comply with Uefa's FFP rules.

We are sailing very close to the wind, as we should in order to close the gap with the established top clubs, and to keep sailing this course we may have to sell star players if the right offer comes in. Best be prepared for it and accept is as growing pains to get us to the very top.

It was a joke man stop being a big girls blouse and get over it. 

56 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sorry mate can’t remember the names :) - there was a couple of dafties who did say it at the start of the window.  

No there wasn't.

Chalobah wouldn’t be the most exciting signing, but he would be a solid addition who can also cover RB. Would maybe leave us with enough funds for a RW (though I have doubts we will bring one in regardless).

50 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Sorry but Chalobah would be such a drop off from Guehi. Rather we went with what we have than spend money on him, same goes with that Milan defender.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I think people remember him hauling Murphy down at Stamford Bridge and getting away with it a few years back. But I reckon he'd be a great addition to us bit of pace in him aswell.