NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

36 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

They're only that because of the two managers you mentioned, and that's in their entire history tbf. Anyone that wins the Champions League and Premier League is going to be a legend, especially after a 20 or 30 odd year wait. They see Rafa as a legend as well.

Aye, that’s fair enough.  Genuinely wasn’t sure

4 minutes ago, Ellis H said:

Bowen has just been appointed club captain at West Ham. The 0.1% chance of him coming here has gone.

I don’t think we have genuine interest on him anyway.

47 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The league was nowhere near as competitive when either Liverpool had their run or Man Utd from the 90’s on.

Which nullifies your point. The fact they won anything while City have bought and broken rules to dominate strengthens his case in my opinion.

I grew to detest him but I can’t deny that he’s one of the best managers the league has ever had.

The league is less competitive today than ever - Man City just became the first club to win four in a row.  

Can't wait for Saturday so we have football to talk about. I think positivity will come back in.

Some of the negativity (on twitter) in particular around the window is mental right now.

52 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The league is less competitive today than ever - Man City just became the first club to win four in a row.  

Man U may not have won 4 in a row, but between 92/3 and 00/01 they won 7 out of 9 and the two they didn't win they came 2nd by 1 point. They then came 3rd 3 times, 2nd 3 times and won another 6 in the next 12 years!

44 minutes ago, JP said:

Can't wait for Saturday so we have football to talk about. I think positivity will come back in.

Some of the negativity (on twitter) in particular around the window is mental right now.

I think a bit of negativity is fine when it’s warranted and so far the window has been shite. That’s just the truth of the matter. However only takes a signing to change it 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I feel like the league overall is pretty competitive, just not for the title. 

23/24 and 21/22 were won on the final day by very tight margins, one and two points, they were definitely competitive between the top two teams for the title.

I don’t think the competition for the title is less now than it was in the Man Utd then Chelsea eras (and I guess the Liverpool era before that)

It felt less competitive in the 90's if I'm being honest, maybe that was just because I was a child, but you always felt Man Utd were going to win it (particularly 99-01). I think the dilution of the cup competitions has contributed to the feeling that there's fuck all for 18 teams to play for. Nobody cares about the League Cup (unless you're in it) and the FA cup is nowhere near what it was. Who won either cup the year Leicester won the league? Not a fucking clue without googling it.

10 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It felt less competitive in the 90's if I'm being honest, maybe that was just because I was a child, but you always felt Man Utd were going to win it (particularly 99-01). I think the dilution of the cup competitions has contributed to the feeling that there's fuck all for 18 teams to play for. Nobody cares about the League Cup (unless you're in it) and the FA cup is nowhere near what it was. Who won either cup the year Leicester won the league? Not a fucking clue without googling it.

To be fair I think most people couldn't tell you who won the CL the year Leicester won the league without googling it. You'd have to have a pretty good memory [emoji38]

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The average Liverpool fan would probably say the only thing that stopped Klopp from winning at least two more titles was City’s rampant cheating.