NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Gallagher would hinder the progress of the Mileys, it's a no for me.

Yeah I don’t see the point in spending 40m on another midfield when we have Tonali coming back and seemingly plenty of options. Much more crucial areas.

6 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

What a sad state of affairs about our rumour mill and activity that there’s multiple posts about Gallagher :( 

Yeah, fuck signing an 18 cap International whose played over a 100 games in the Premier League and is under the age of 25. What an utterly awful signing that would be.

10 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

What a sad state of affairs about our rumour mill and activity that there’s multiple posts about Gallagher :( 

I started scrolling back because I thought we’d been linked with him somewhere 😂

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think he's a better footballer than Joelinton - and Tonali, unfortunately, remains an open question in terms of the PL

Better "footballer" than Joelinton maybe, but I'm not sure he's as effective 

22 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think if he finds himself in the same positions that Longstaff does and with the same chances, he'd be double figures every season. 

I know that's doesn't tie in with his recent record but I don't think he's played as far up at Chelsea as he would here.  

Edited by Thumbheed

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

It is hard not to love our human battering ram, and Joelinton is effective at what he does - but the weaknesses in his game remain.  Gallagher would be a 15 goal a season midfielder playing for NUFC

Am I really reading someone say Longstaff is better than him? 

That said, I wouldn’t be signing him when we’ve gone about 3 years looking for a RW and still haven’t managed to get one.

3 minutes ago, JP said:

Wait, have we even been linked with Gallagher?

Yea we have in the past, not this summer mind. Maybe he was on the Tonali list but Chelsea always asked for crazy money. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It is hard not to love our human battering ram, and Joelinton is effective at what he does - but the weaknesses in his game remain.  Gallagher would be a 15 goal a season midfielder playing for NUFC

Gallagher is effective in front of goal and getting into those positions for sure, but for me he doesn't dominate the game as much as Joelinton can at his best, and definitely doesn't carry the ball as well. At least from the eye test, I'm sure there'll be stats that contradict this. 

Having a midfielder who can drive you 20 yards up the pitch with the ball, quickly, is key to stopping you getting hemmed in, the two Joes are the only ones in our team capable of it and we missed it last season at times.   

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Gallagher is effective in front of goal and getting into those positions for sure, but for me he doesn't dominate the game as much as Joelinton can at his best, and definitely doesn't carry the ball as well. At least from the eye test, I'm sure there'll be stats that contradict this. 

Having a midfielder who can drive you 20 yards up the pitch with the ball, quickly, is key to stopping you getting hemmed in, the two Joes are the only ones in our team capable of it and we missed it last season at times.   

Joelinton 3/1 for a yellow card tomorrow seems like a good price

I’m sure if Howe could make it work he’d sling Longstaff and bring in Gallagher as they’re similar players but one is just better at everything apart from maybe their late runs. As it stands the transfer doesn’t make sense for our squad or our financial situation 

I like Gallagher - and he'd be a vast improvement on Longstaff - but another CM can't be a priority ahead of CB or RW, particularly with Tonali back soon. Longstaff has his limitations as a starter but he's solid as a squad option. 

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Yeah, fuck signing an 18 cap International whose played over a 100 games in the Premier League and is under the age of 25. What an utterly awful signing that would be.

Let’s get McTominay at same time.

If we end up getting another CM, we need it to be one who can play deeper, and one who can take ball under pressure. Literally have no-one who can do similar to Bruno, but got loads who can press.

59 minutes ago, Ben said:

Joelinton 3/1 for a yellow card tomorrow seems like a good price

He goes on my BB anyway but thats a daft price. Actually 11/4 on PP and have a free bet to use so thats the first part

5 hours ago, Ben said:

Gallagher would hinder the progress of the Mileys, it's a no for me.

3x Mileys, Finneren & Harrison. A lot of talent there for a few years time, if we do right by them.