NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good luck not detonating yourselves Chelsea. Everyone knows you want to sell him as you have too many players, you fucking idiots 

They'll be lucky to avoid legal action and losing players on frees. 

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Hopefully we'll re-consider the Turkish RW. Or have a target completely out of the blue - A Kubo type or similar.

re-consider? The story was bollocks in the first place 

Latest stuff from Douglas if anyone is interested:

Newcastle United are edging closer to a club record deal for Marc Guehi after tabling a fourth bid understood to be in the region of £65m.

The Magpies are one of several Premier League clubs “spinning plates” in the final fortnight of the transfer window with player exits still a possibility to facilitate further signings.

An insider predicted a “frantic” end to the summer, with the transfer market finally hotting up and Newcastle braced for bids for Kieran Trippier and Miguel Almiron, who was the subject of interest from Major League Soccer side Charlotte FC this week.

But it is England defender Guehi who has always been the club’s top central defender target, and a fourth offer to Palace that is closer to their asking price could finally bring an end the long-running saga

Palace are considering the bid and it may require further tweaks to the terms before they accept it – Chelsea have a sizeable, 20 per cent sell-on clause for Guehi – but the latest offer appears to have changed the mood music around the deal.

It looks increasingly as if Newcastle will be required to top the £63m they paid for Alexander Isak two years ago to broker a deal for Guehi and the size of the fee is why the club’s director of football Paul Mitchell has been attempting to drive a hard bargain.

Newcastle’s position under the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) means every extra million paid out for Guehi is felt in their attempts to recruit elsewhere.

They are actively in the market for a right winger and are also understood to be looking at further “project players” in the mould of William Osula, who they signed from Sheffield United last week.

An unsettling summer has seen Newcastle lose Yankuba Minteh and Elliot Anderson, two of their outstanding young players, to comply with PSR while struggling to offload some players who are surplus to requirements.

Then there is a third column of players that Howe wants to keep in an ideal world but must contemplate selling to provide PSR headroom. One of those is Almiron but Howe insisted on Friday he remains a “very important player” in the Newcastle squad and, as i reported earlier this week, there is no desire to drive him out of the club.

Just now, Zero said:

Some here suggested Madueke would be available around 27-28m.

Next

The Athletic reported that fee. And then another article from another Athletic journo reported £65m+. 

30 minutes ago, gdm said:

£60m :lol:

Todd boy clearly thinking because he chucks silly money everywhere others will too ;D
Be interesting what "creative" solution they'll come up with for FFP compliance this time - No more hotels, training grounds, or womans teams to "sell" this time round ... 

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Some here suggested Madueke would be available around 27-28m.

Next

Both are sourced (if you believe them) from The Athlectic, so at least one of them's wrong. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Both are sourced (if you believe them) from The Athlectic, so at least one of them's wrong. 

Ah I just think the 27-8m figure sounds reasonable and then suddenly an insane figure pops out and the rest is history. No club would entertain that quoted price for a fringe player

Just now, Zero said:

Ah I just think the 27-8m figure sounds reasonable and then suddenly an insane figure pops out and the rest is history. No club would entertain that quoted price for a fringe player

I personally thought he'd be around £50m when we were first linked like. He is fringe but he's played a canny bit, 22 years old, English player tax, and they paid £28m for him. Getting him for £28m would be a bargain and sounds unrealistic, £60m+ is just silly and also unrealistic imo. 

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Latest stuff from Douglas if anyone is interested:

Newcastle United are edging closer to a club record deal for Marc Guehi after tabling a fourth bid understood to be in the region of £65m.

The Magpies are one of several Premier League clubs “spinning plates” in the final fortnight of the transfer window with player exits still a possibility to facilitate further signings.

An insider predicted a “frantic” end to the summer, with the transfer market finally hotting up and Newcastle braced for bids for Kieran Trippier and Miguel Almiron, who was the subject of interest from Major League Soccer side Charlotte FC this week.

But it is England defender Guehi who has always been the club’s top central defender target, and a fourth offer to Palace that is closer to their asking price could finally bring an end the long-running saga

Palace are considering the bid and it may require further tweaks to the terms before they accept it – Chelsea have a sizeable, 20 per cent sell-on clause for Guehi – but the latest offer appears to have changed the mood music around the deal.

It looks increasingly as if Newcastle will be required to top the £63m they paid for Alexander Isak two years ago to broker a deal for Guehi and the size of the fee is why the club’s director of football Paul Mitchell has been attempting to drive a hard bargain.

Newcastle’s position under the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) means every extra million paid out for Guehi is felt in their attempts to recruit elsewhere.

They are actively in the market for a right winger and are also understood to be looking at further “project players” in the mould of William Osula, who they signed from Sheffield United last week.

An unsettling summer has seen Newcastle lose Yankuba Minteh and Elliot Anderson, two of their outstanding young players, to comply with PSR while struggling to offload some players who are surplus to requirements.

Then there is a third column of players that Howe wants to keep in an ideal world but must contemplate selling to provide PSR headroom. One of those is Almiron but Howe insisted on Friday he remains a “very important player” in the Newcastle squad and, as i reported earlier this week, there is no desire to drive him out of the club.

Cannot stand the term mood music.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Good luck not detonating yourselves Chelsea. Everyone knows you want to sell him as you have too many players, you fucking idiots 

Tbf the £28m fee always seemed a daft figure and it seems it was pulled out of nowhere. £60m is obviously too much but Chelsea don't really need to sell as the FFP rules don't really apply to them.

57 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

I would take Logan Costa plus a decent right winger for that money. Costa £20mill leaves 30-40 for a RW

Too many eggs in this Gueyi basket its almost obsession

I had never even heard of Costa til yesterday, whats he good at?

Howe said something pretty telling today... that we don't necessarily need to lose any more players this window in order to bring them in. I guess the subtext is that we don't necessarily have to sell Miggy in order to get a new RW in, but he did say between this window and the next there would need to be player trading, in and out, to remain compliant... just not necessarily this window.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Howe said something pretty telling today... that we don't necessarily need to lose any more players this window in order to bring them in. I guess the subtext is that we don't necessarily have to sell Miggy in order to get a new RW in, but he did say between this window and the next there would need to be player trading, in and out, to remain compliant... just not necessarily this window.

It feels like people think we have 10 quid to spend on a RW because we might overpay a bit for Guehi. The talk from the club regarding ffp/PSR definitely has worked a treat going by the sounds of it on social media and media in general. Yes I don’t think we have ridiculous amounts available, but I think it’s more of about finding the right RW that we can attract, and that doesn’t cost 65m for example. You see lots of financial numbers here and there with people trying to figure out how much we can spend. We probably don’t have tons, obviously. However I’m pretty sure it’s very difficult to guess even closely to what we actually can/can’t spend as we don’t have all the facts. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

It feels like people think we have 10 quid to spend on a RW because we might overpay a bit for Guehi. The talk from the club regarding ffp/PSR definitely has worked a treat going by the sounds of it on social media and media in general. Yes I don’t think we have ridiculous amounts available, but I think it’s more of about finding the right RW that we can attract, and that doesn’t cost 65m for example. You see lots of financial numbers here and there with people trying to figure out how much we can spend. We probably don’t have tons, obviously. However I’m pretty sure it’s very difficult to guess even closely to what we actually can/can’t spend as we don’t have all the facts. 

Think it's pretty clear by now we are only going to bring in players who we think are capable of taking us to the next level and are happy to wait until they are available. If they become available now we can make it happen but would need to sell before next June by the sounds of it.