NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Define quick. £33m Hall didn't get into the team FT until March, and that wasn't until we were 4 injuries to the position deep. 

Aye, but I think that was mostly due to Hall falling out of favour with Eddie.

Think Hall last year was a major disappointment and the expectation for that outlay was that he'd be far more involved.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Would we get Bowen for 60 million not so sure, he’d be a big upgrade, but 28 in December and would prob cost 70 plus to prize away.

Why does Bowen even get mentioned? [emoji38]

Cmon we’ve been through this everyone. He’s on a 7-8yr deal. New club captain of a team his partners dad is very attached to and just had another child not that long ago.

Personally think he’s already reached his ceiling and has become a bit overrated. Regardless of that. Let it go… 

26 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Are you just basing it off numbers? He's only 22, is absolutely rapid and seems to have performed well for Forest. He tore us apart twice and the BBC even pinpointed him out as the star man at the weekend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cvgx8p95x7no

Can't quite comprehend how Newcastle fans in particular are so bad at rating players playing at poor teams having watched the transformation of literally every one of our players under a quality manager. 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Why does Bowen even get mentioned? [emoji38]

Cmon we’ve been through this everyone. He’s on a 7-8yr deal. New club captain of a team his partners dad is very attached to and just had another child not that long ago.

Personally think he’s already reached his ceiling and has become a bit overrated. Regardless of that. Let it go… 

I’m not advocating Bowen was just replying to a post earlier, I agree wouldn’t be my choice either.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ve not heard it directly but I thought that was what was mentioned in here?

Apparently Downie has said ... a name "we've been linked to before" but not 40-50m range; also reporting Geuhi is "quite close"

Downie says “I still don’t think they’ll go out and spend £40-£50m on a winger. I still think if they are to get one in from what I’m hearing it’s likely to be a loan with an obligation like the Lewis Hall deal”

sounds like Madueke. 

he also said he got a phone call today that said we were still interested in getting a winger. He has a name but has to run it by his employer first rather than say it on a podcast 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I find it hard to believe that Downie would be coy about who it is if he actually knew mind.

Dunno like, him having to run the story by sky first and the amount of corroboration they tend to have to have before running a story kind of rings true